Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

By Rob Gregg

Here’s your drive home lineups

On Sportsnet 590 The FAN from 4-7pm, Prime Time Sports with guest host Jeff Blair. Stephen Brunt co-hosts from 5pm:

400 – Phones
520 – Jack Armstrong, basketball analyst
540 – Rob Becker, legal analyst
600 – Don Banks, SI.com
620 – Alex Anthopoulos, Jays GM
640 – Mary Spencer, boxer

On TSN Radio 1050 from 4-7pm, Cybulski & Co., with James Cybulski.

TBA

On TSN (5pm) & TSN2 (6:30pm), Off the Record with Michael Landsberg:

Vince Young, Bills QB
Dave Feschuk and Steve Simmons, Columnists
Noel Butler, TSN EURO 2012 Analyst

Tonight on Sportsline:

Where did Webb Simpson come from and what happened to Tiger Woods at the U-S Open? Roger Clemens is found not guilty on charges of perjury to the US Government! Should the Jays acquire Jeremy Guthrie or is Brett Cecil a better option and has the pressure shifted to the Thunder in the NBA Finals? Catch this plus the Hebsy’s with Mark & Bubbs tonight at 7, on CHCH.

NL Jim
NL Jim
June 18, 2012 5:48 pm

I am always a bit behind with the podcasts, but to me the final words of Bob McCown during the Round Table sounded like some kind of goodbye. Add to that his mocking of the co-hosts being afraid to speak out on a subject because they were scared to be sacked.

Any news of his contract status?

(Another) Andrew
(Another) Andrew
June 18, 2012 6:24 pm

I saw that on TV. That was quite the grin on his face when he was mocking them for cowardice. Self satisfied (as in “I knew you would chicken out”) and scornful at the same time. I thought it was pretty good “radio”.

With the lack of FAN coverage* of Euro 2012 I’ve been trying out TSN Radio for the first time. Someone said here the other day there was a signal problem. I found it fine in the car, but for some reason my supposedly better radio at home picks up a lot of static sound. Weird. First time that’s ever happened for a Toronto station. No matter, it works fine online.

* I don’t normally hear the morning shows.

alex
alex
June 18, 2012 7:42 pm

Steroids arent the only unnatural thing in that picture….

June 18, 2012 8:51 pm

I thought McCown was referring to the fact that he was about to miss a lot of time for vacation.

June 18, 2012 9:43 pm

solid baseball/steroids/hall of fame discussion between Brunt and Blair during the 5pm hour today. Blair is still painfully slow in his delivery and not terribly articulate but credit to him for engaging the conversation and allowing Brunt to complete his thoughts.

Another Steve
Another Steve
June 18, 2012 11:00 pm

I was pleased that Blair took some calls on tennis today (re: the Nalbandian incident) and didn’t respond by saying “I hate tennis.” Small steps….small steps.

dsscpu
dsscpu
June 18, 2012 11:13 pm

I enjoy Blair a lot and like that he is hosting PTS when Bob is away… but it leaves a void during 9-noon..