NBA Owner Rips MSMer

By TSM

This is must see tv

Thanks to yahoo! sports for pointing this out.

Ticky
Ticky
June 23, 2012 2:03 am

Skip Bayless is the biggest of douchecanoes.

Kamlesh
Kamlesh
June 24, 2012 12:30 pm

A terrific interview with Brian Burke:

If he would only be this engaging and informative all the time, without the histrionics.
Maybe it was Paikin. He is an outstanding interviewer, usually on politics and current affairs, but he’s a big sports fan (talks about the beer leagues he plays hockey on;season ticket holder for the Bills for decades).
If he wanted a second job he would be ideal for business of sports type show on TSN or 590. The guy who hosts the business show on TSN should be the second banana, not the host.

June 24, 2012 6:07 pm

Kamlesh – I find Paikin a little insufferable since he usually behaves as if he’s just a tad smarter than anyone he interviews, but I’ll admit I have not watched him in several years.

Where I agree with you is that there is a gap in the market for “brainy” sports interviews. You couldn’t fill a 3 hour daily radio show with that kind of talk, but I would definitely listen to such a show hosted by Paikin or someone else if it was on once a week or so.

Sean
Sean
June 24, 2012 7:00 pm

He did have one for a while on 590. It was him and dobiggon (sp?). It was called double play and it was fantastic

Jeff
Jeff
June 25, 2012 12:50 pm

I found the Cuban/Bayless debate interesting. I wish more people would call out the ‘experts’ on television and radio and how they throw out generalities rather than stating facts. Even the other 2 ESPN co-hosts were questioning Bayless on some of his commentary. I really don’t know Bayless but he appears the type of person that regards his expertise and commentary highly.

Regarding Paikin, yea wasn’t it about 15 years ago that him and Bruce Dowbiggan had a show on CJCL/590 in mid-morning. On most days it was good radio and it was geared toward the intelligent sports fan.

Omar
Omar
June 25, 2012 5:11 pm

Skip Bayless’ sense of self importance knows no bounds. He is about 40 iq points below Cuban and thus stands no chance. If you get a chance to see Skip Bayless vs. Chris Bosh on youtube, you can see Bayless comes off with little class.

On another note, this classic exchange between McCown and Maclean is on youtube.