Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

by Rob Gregg

Bryan Colangelo, in what many are suggesting is a tactical move to secure the services of Steve Nash, has made an offer to the Knicks Landry Fields.

Here’s your drive home lineups

On Sportsnet 590 The FAN from 4-7pm, Prime Time Sports with Bob McCown. Michael Grange co-hosts from 5pm:

400 – Damien Cox, Toronto Star & Sportsnet
420 – Ken Rosenthal, Fox Sports
520 – Brian Burke, President & GM, Toronto Maple Leafs
600 – Bob Ryan, Boston Globe
620 – Bill Paul, Tournament Director, Canadian Open
640 – Jack Armstrong, Raptors analyst

On TSN Radio 1050 from 4-7pm, Cybulski & Co., with James Cybulski. Bob Mackowycz co-hosts:

TBA

On TSN (5pm) & TSN2 (6:30pm), Off the Record with Michael Landsberg:

Ricky Ray and Rob Ford, Toronto Argonauts QB and the Mayor of Toronto
Pierre LeBrun, TSN NHL Insider
Bomani Jones, ESPN Around the Horn Panelist

Tonight on Sportsline:

Does Jose Bautista have the right to publically say that the Blue Jays should make some trades? Did the Raptors make a big mistake by offering a contract to Landry Fields as bait for Steve Nash? Why hasn’t Maple Leafs GM Brian Burke made any trades, and despite losing their season opener, does anyone in Toronto care about the Argonauts? Join Bubbs and Eric Gage, tonight at 7 on CHCH.

Darren
Darren
July 3, 2012 5:11 pm

Would it be 2 much 2 ask for Bob 2 maybe pick up a newspaper before his show 2 do at least ‘some’ research b4 his show?

Darren
Darren
July 3, 2012 5:26 pm

McCown I would venture a guess HAS NEVER EVER seen Landry Fields even play, again he knows NOTHING about what he is talking about, must be embarrassing for Grange to even have a conversation with him about NBA.

Dok
Dok
July 3, 2012 5:40 pm

Nice to see Bomani Jones on OTR. Must be the Score connection with the guest Booker on OTR, Aaron Bronsteter.

Bomani needs a radio show somewhere again. I still miss the morning jones

July 3, 2012 7:11 pm

Bob’s record on scoops is pretty weak, but he’s been banging the “Chargers to LA” drum for a long time now, and the evidence is starting to tip in his favour

Lee (Oakville)
Lee (Oakville)
July 3, 2012 8:03 pm

I’m alwways amazed how people kneel at the Altar of Bob even though it is obvious he hasn’t seriously followed sports since the mid-1990s. Would we respect a business journalist that doesn’t follow the markets or doesn’t read the Wall Street Journal? I doubt it. McCown’s Miracle is that he has fooled so many for so long.

dsscpu
dsscpu
July 3, 2012 9:06 pm

Anyone catch Bob pull a 180 on Rasmus today? He went from calling the kid a dud 8 weeks ago to someone who is a centerpiece…

Another Steve
Another Steve
July 3, 2012 9:28 pm

Cox wasn’t so bad from Wimbledon, but I always find it a bit depressing when he doesn’t know some well-publicized facts. That is, in the past three years they have perfected the art of regrowing the grass in three weeks, so that it will be green again for the Olympics. When I heard him say that it would be still brown I groaned, realizing that he hasn’t even asked anyone about it.

I know that I am being picky and perhaps petty, but I like the experts who report on these sports to be well-informed. Cox is a tennis fan, but not a solid tennis reporter.

Curt
Curt
July 3, 2012 9:46 pm

Bob doesn’t do sports anymore. Refreshing to have Grange as co-host, though. He does stammer a bit, but he really has some wonderful insight. More Grange, less Magoo/Cox, please.

(Another) Andrew
(Another) Andrew
July 3, 2012 9:56 pm

Another Steve – I know that I am being picky and perhaps petty, but I like the experts who report on these sports to be well-informed.

IOW you want experts to be, uh, experts! Perfectly reasonable to me.
I was thinking the same thing, not just today, but one other time he was on previewing the Davis Cup yet he didn’t understand the draw. It’s the same when they discuss soccer. If you are a long time fan of either tennis or soccer chances are you know more than anyone who appears on The Fan other than the occasional guest on the phone.

I guess that’s the market (or is it?) but even so if you’re going to travel over to Wimbledon to cover it and get paid for it surely we can expect more knowledge of the subject than those of us watching on TV.

Warren Z
Warren Z
July 3, 2012 10:43 pm

On another note– was Burke trying to make his dinner or wash his cutlery during his interview on PTS? God, the amount of clinking and clanking when he was getting interviewed…

Ami Angelwings
July 4, 2012 6:13 am

*sigh*

Bob, I love you, but just because you haven’t heard about good things about Landry fields in your casual basketball watching doesn’t mean he “won’t get off the bench” -_-

Also, why would the Raptors do this SIMPLY to stop the Knicks from doing a sign and trade? Nash either wants to come to the Raptors or he doesn’t, and even if the Knicks had the ability to pay Nash what the Raptors would, the Raptors would just go higher. There’s no point paying a player you expect never to get off the bench 6 million a year to save money on Nash. I mean if NY matches the Raptor’s offer, they can just go higher… unless they go more than 7 million, it’s not worth it to sign Fields to block New York.

That is to say, they obviously think he can play because spending the money and contract length of a player you don’t expect to ever play is ridiculous.

Simple logic would tell Bob this :\