Toronto Sports Media Morning Drive Lineups

By TSM

Here’s your drive lineup for your listening enjoyment this am:

On 590 with Greg Brady and Jim Lang:

740 Roger Mooney
820 Shi Davidi
827 Orlando Franklin

On TSN radio with Mike Richards

7:00 Chris Schultz
7:30 Curt Harnett
7:45 Dan Shulman
8:00 Cory Boyd

8: 30 Author Greg Wells

photo from here

Sam in Scarb
Sam in Scarb
July 10, 2012 6:20 am

Mike Hogan doing mornings on TSN the next 2 weeks.
A fine alternative to Shady & Bang.

Darrell
Darrell
July 10, 2012 11:46 am

@ Sam in Scarborough – is he replacing Mike Richards while he’s on holiday? Missed the past couple of mornings.

Poker Guy
Poker Guy
July 10, 2012 12:18 pm

I think it’s Hogan’s show until Richards returns from vacation in a couple of weeks.

Chef Mike in Burlington
July 10, 2012 1:21 pm

I know there’s the whole “FAN recycled host” thing with him, but i always liked Mike Hogan on 590. He was knowledgable about more than 1 sport, actually had a real opinion, and I usually made him “appointment radio”, I’ve never done that for Blair.

I’ve no opinion on Richards, I don’t listen that early usually, but if Hogan was a full time host again on TSN, I would listen more to 1050

Gerry
Gerry
July 10, 2012 3:02 pm

TSN Radio 990 in Montreal is now changing to a french only speaking radio station. CRTC required Bell who purchased Astral media to convert one of its stations to french as they had 4 in English and could not have more than 3. (Sketchy description, but I am not well versed in CRTC regulations).

Interesting development in that TSN has been really trying to market the fact they had 3 regional all sports English radio stations.

Essentially it will now be RDS 690 sports radio.

July 10, 2012 5:28 pm

Thanks Gerry…………….I grew up in Montreal so that TSN 990 story is of great interest to me……………………..I have a feeling that Raptors Devotee will be interested too

July 10, 2012 5:43 pm

That’s brutal. So, no English Language sports radio station in the 2nd biggest city in Canada because of a bilingualism law? Man. 990 is fairly successful, is it not?

You’d think it would be wise for Rogers to try to jump in there now and make a Fan in Montreal.

Gerry
Gerry
July 10, 2012 6:16 pm

@Mike S, will be curious what happens to the on air personalities. Specifically Mitch Melnyk, when TSN was first launching there was talk on this site about whether he would make the switch to Toronto. He is an excellent on air host, he runs a show much different than here as he is a music buff and introduces and exits many segments playing a song. Personally I think he could do a good job on TSN 1050, and would be an upgrade to virtually any time slot currently on the 1050 lineup.

I am thinking that the station picking up Montreal games english broadcast may pick up some of the personalities, but it isn’t a sports only station.