Toronto Sports Media Morning Drive Lineups

Toronto Sports Media Morning Drive Lineups

By TSM

Here’s your drive lineup for your listening enjoyment this am:

On 590 with Greg Brady and Jim Lang:

720 Brian Williams
740 Dirk Hayhurst
800 Dave Bidini in studio
840 Elvis Stojko

On TSN radio with Matt Cauz

7:00 Chris Schultz

7:30 Bob Weeks

8:00 Encore Presentation of Bryan Cranston

8:30 Steve Rapp and Les Murray from Bet365

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 13
  • comment-avatar
    itchy butt 9 years ago

I swear Brady doesn’t watch or listen to anything other than Detroit sports.

He said Rajai Davis has been “pretty decent” the last 2 weeks. Davis has sucked the sweat from a monkey’s ass for the last 2 weeks.

He then went on to talk about how basket ball lonly needs 3 big players on the starting lineup, using the Celtics as an example….”you have Garnett, Ray Allen, Pierce”….

Allen signed with Miami 3 weeks ago.

itchy butt 9 years ago

The 10 player trade no one cared about!

Darrell 9 years ago

I am ready tonight to hear idiot Wilner contradict himself when a caller calls into Jays Talk to say that the trade was a nothing for nothing trade.

Prior to today – in Wilner’s eyes Francisco Cordero could do no wrong and “pitched well” and was not an issue in the bullpen for Toronto. Utter crap as he was the biggest bust in the bullpen since the likes of Mike Timlin and Billy Koch.

You know that telephone call is coming either tonight or tomorrow – and Wilner can start puckering up to Anthopolous all over again, saying he never said that Cordero was a problem in the bullpen for Toronto.

For the record – I think it is a garbage for garbage trade. If Happ can pull himself together – I think he could work well as a trio with Romero and Morrow.

Tim Hortons will be sorry to lose Cordero’s business – but Tim Hortons’ loss is Dunkin’ Donuts reward when Francisco Cordero pulls up in his car.

itchy butt 9 years ago

Billy Koch got over 100 saves in 3 years. Hardly a bust.

Darrell 9 years ago

Sorry I need to reclarify myself. Yes Timlin and Billy Koch were not busts in the sense that they couldn’t get anyone out but almost everytime they would come into games (add BJ Ryan into that mix or Randy Myers) – they always made it interesting. Toronto has never really gotten it right with closers – since Duane Ward and Tom Henke.

With Cordero granted he wasn’t brought to Toronto as “the closer” and “the guy” – he was brought to Toronto with a lot of praise and hype. Although Cordero was a long reliever – he always made things interesting and it was painfully obvious that he doesn’t belong with the Blue Jays or for that matter the big leagues.

Mike Wilner always praised Cordero and could never admit that Cordero didn’t have it. Starting tonight – I bet Wilner will moisten his lips again to go start kissing Anthopolous’s butt. It is great and fantastic that he was able to unload Cordero but this is basically a garbage for garbage trade. Wilner will praise this move and how Happ and Lyon will be huge assets going forward.

• comment-avatar

Sometimes I wonder if because of Henke and Ward, we’ve become spoiled about what a closer should look like. It seems as if the Riveras and the Henkes and the Wards of the world are pretty rare, and most closers are generally kind of scary, or only good for a year or two.

I know since I grew up as a kid with Ward/Henke, that’s my standard of what a closer should be and I’m starting to think that might be an unrealistic bar. Same with my standard for 2B being Alomar-like. As a kid I had no idea I was watching a once-in-a-generation type player, I just figured all second basemen should be like Alomar, so I was never impressed by any players the Jays got for that position afterwards. xD

Darrell 9 years ago

Take this for what it’s worth but Mariano Rivera is a rare type. What other current MLB player has been as dominant as Rivera? Prior to him – was what maybe Dennis Eckersley? I was not a Ward fan; as much as a Henke fan.

I hear ya on Alomar Ami Angelwings. Robinson Cano is a close to Alomar type but just thinking about the slides and dives Alomar did to make plays look so easy.

Darrell 9 years ago

Remind me again Sportsnet FAN 590 – why Greg Brady, is brought to a Toronto sports radio station, to talk all the time about Detroit’s sports teams???

Bunch of idiots at that station in management.

daver 9 years ago

Darrell, you forgot to clarify that you’re a Yankees fan.

He talks about detroit because he used to work there, so it’s easy for him to draw on experiences OUTSIDE of Toronto. Same thing would happen if he moved to a different market, he would draw on his experiences from working in Detroit AND Toronto.

Also, it’s Sportsnet 590 The FAN.

Darrell 9 years ago

😛 DaveR. Do you get a cut in the pay at Rogers Empire for knowing that the FAN 590 is known as Sportsnet 590 The FAN? Is your lips pressed up against Greg Brady’s butt or something?

Becks 9 years ago

Daver why don’t you go fuck yourself.

Darrell 9 years ago

For the record DaveR – he DID work in Toronto at AM 640 with Bill Watters and was a stiff there that’s why he was axed from there. Yet, using your “brilliant” logic, he should talk about his experiences there right?

Mike S 9 years ago