Toronto Sports Media Morning Drive Lineups

Toronto Sports Media Morning Drive Lineups

By TSM

Here’s your drive lineup for your listening enjoyment this am:

On 590 with Greg Brady and Jim Lang:

520 Alex Seixeiro
620 Arash Madani
640 Kara Lang
740 David Alter
820 Dirk Hayhurst
840 Craig Calcaterra

On TSN radio with Mike Richards

6:00 Dave Bastl
7:00 Chris Schultz
7:30 Steve Simmons
7:45 Kevin Huntley
8:00 James Duthie
8:30 Dan Shulman

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 30
  • comment-avatar
    Poker Guy 9 years ago

However, AA loves to use the word ‘control’ whenever they acquire someone. Another team used to use the word control too, they were the Montreal Expos. I’m not saying that the Jays are the Expos. The Jays will atleast spend some money to keep core players in place.
    I’m saying that it’s good to have control of players, but when you languish as a .500 team, what good is that?

Darrell 9 years ago

My personal view on the trades last night is that Eric Thames was not going to be a part of the Jays “future” with Gose, Davis, Bautista and Rasmus ahead of him in the development. I actually like the Dalembert addition; for a guy who wasn’t going to make it to the big club.

The way Mike Wilner was going on this morning about Travis Snider – he sounded like a guy who had his heart broken by a girlfriend. Listening to Wilner last night was very similar to Norm Rumack when the Leafs traded Wendel Clark to Quebec in `94.

I don’t think Snider was AMAZING but if Toronto thought so high of the guy, I would have hung onto him and waited for more assets back in return.

Alex Anthopolous seems to be in re-tread mode. Aaron Hill, Kelvim Escobar, Chris Carpenter, Vernon Wells, Felipe Lopez, etc. Travis Snider is just another piece of a broken puzzle that Toronto has said will have a bright future in Toronto and they have all been dealt or released for basically nothing.

Poker Guy 9 years ago

Darrell,
    I listened to both FAN and TSNR on the way in this morning. Scott Macarthur said of the Snider deal it was ‘a bust for another bust’ Over at 590, Vito from Woodbridge was fielding calls. I wanted to see if the Rogers owned FAN would defend the trades a lttle differently than on TSNR. Although, Sammut got into it with one listener, a lot of the reaction was either positive or indifferent. TSNR listeners seemed a little more perplexed at either the fact that Snider was dealt, or that the Jays got so little in return.

itchy butt 9 years ago

Did I miss the part where Snider was hitting .350 with 40 HR and 300 RBI’s?

Poker Guy 9 years ago

Yes Itchy,
    That was hour number two of Vito’s show. In between his umm’s and uh’s

Daniel 9 years ago

“I will be the first to admit, I don’t know the players are whom the Jays got in return.
    However, AA loves to use the word ‘control’ whenever they acquire someone. Another team used to use the word control too, they were the Montreal Expos.”

I don’t particularly love the trade, but that is ridiculous. Zero reason to invoke the Expos.

This trade had nothing to do with saving money, cost cutting or keeping salaries down. It was about trading a guy the Jays didn’t believe in anymore, before he runs out of options next year and loses most of his value (unless he puts it together).

Poker Guy 9 years ago

@Daniel
    As I said before, not comparing the two teams per say, just that the language used by AA is similar to what Expos management would say, whether it was Jim Beattie, or whomever, would say as well.

daver 9 years ago

Darrell? Listening to Wilner? Again? But I thought you hated him, and avoided him at all cost!!!

Darrell 9 years ago

You got your lips off of Wilner’s butt DaveR?

mike (in boston) 9 years ago

Daniel – see you in this evening’s thread to break down the state of the Jays roster.

daver 9 years ago

It’s Daver. I don’t know where you’re getting DaveR from there Mr. “I CANT STAND MIKE WILNER BUT I’M LISTENING TO EVERY WORD HE’S SAYING AT EVERY HOUR OF THE DAY! ” Darrell

Darrell 9 years ago

Can’t believe I am actually having to defend myself to a fool hiding behind his computer (you DaveR – whomever the hell you are?). I like listening to baseball and listening about trades, roster moves, etc. I am forced to listen to Wilner if I would like to get my baseball fix.

I don’t listen to him every single hour – you twit! 😛

itchy butt 9 years ago

My dad can beat up your dad

• comment-avatar

And to think, people were bemoaning how quiet it had gotten here.

Monkey’s paw !

Darrell 9 years ago

To steal Gareth Wheeler’s quote on Twitter: “Here’s an idea: let’s criticize individuals who criticize a team that hasn’t made the playoffs in 18 years and ranks 24th in payroll. :)”

Haha.. sure, Mike..

I appreciate criticism of the team, but Gareth Wheeler is just shit disturbing on twitter. Not giving informed, well thought out opinions. Just trying to stir things up.

Darrell 9 years ago

To those of you who say look at how Toronto spent with AJ Burnett, Vernon Wells and BJ Ryan and how that turned out and that they should never spend for right now like that again – simple thought for you guys?

When your car breaks down and you need transportation to get from A to B – do you not ever buy another car because the car flopped and broke down?

• comment-avatar

There is literally not one person saying the Jays should never spend again.

People are saying that there is far more to building an organization than just spending money. This team was absolutely screwed after 09. Few prospects, overpaid, not good team.

To fix that took a total overhaul, without cumbersome contracts to block young guys and get in the way.

I, and most fans, absolutely expect bigger contracts to come. (Doesn’t have to be insane ones, but at least to be in the market). But complaining about payroll from 2010 to now completely misses the point of what the organization has been trying to do.

sam in oshawa 9 years ago

Might not be the right time but hell i miss my leafs.

Julian 9 years ago

“Darrell” is actually a godsend to Fan 590 when you think about it. He listens all the time, to every single show and stirs up traffic about it on here. Then if you counter his opinion he accuses you of a sexual act with a Fan employee or you’re a “Rogers buttkisser”.

Honestly, Rogers should have a party in his honour given if he hates a lot of the personalities and thinks so many folks “suck” and should be fired, think how many people who LIKE the radio station there are out there.

TSN Radio wishes they had a “Darrell”, honestly. That’s the only logical way to look at it.

As for the Blue Jays, their time to spend was in the offseason. Of course I wish they had, but making a trade now to rent a player or two given all the injuries would be insane. I promise 12 months from now I’ll blow my stack at them if they haven’t picked up the pace with spending and being braver about dealing prospects.

Daver 9 years ago

you’re right Julian, with regards to your comments about Darrell calling people butt kissers, he’s right in this situation, but I didn’t kiss anyone’s butt, I only gave Wilner 2 hand jobs, nothing more! I swear!!

Darrell 9 years ago

Give me a freakon’ break… Yes I do not like Wilner but think about how many freakon’ people on here complain about Brunt, Cox, Shannon, Blair, Lajoie, Sammut… I am hardly the worst complain about the FAN programming.

Grow up, Julian.

• comment-avatar

“As for the Blue Jays, their time to spend was in the offseason. Of course I wish they had, but making a trade now to rent a player or two given all the injuries would be insane. I promise 12 months from now I’ll blow my stack at them if they haven’t picked up the pace with spending and being braver about dealing prospects”

Yup. I agree.

itchy butt 9 years ago

As is my usual modus operandi, I don’t give a fuck what anyone thinks. I enjoy Wilner, and I like my Jays. I cheered for them when they sucked from 1977 to 1984 and in between and I cheer for them now. Do I agree with all they do? No. Do I think they are sitting back and saying ” ah fuck it, let’s just lose”? No. Do I think they have a great core that has been shit on by injuries? Yes.

I will take this team and this front office over that pile of dog shit that Godfrey was running.

• comment-avatar

@Poker Guy well that one guy w/ Sammut was hilarious, so I don’t think that counts. Sammut wasn’t defending the Jays from rational criticism, he was defending Beeston from a guy who hates him because he doesn’t wear socks (or shoes according to the guy, I don’t remember if that’s true or not.)

• comment-avatar

“As for Travis Snider? Toronto definitely dropped the ball HUGE – as of 11 AM. Instead of hanging onto a guy whom the Blue Jays have always said will be “the future” of the team and when they compete he will be integral, they trade him for an unproven guy who will be crucified or hung at his first loss or blown save (whether he is a starter or reliever).”

But the Jays can’t not trade people simply because they’re fan favorites and whoever they get back might get booed. Also, the Jays will always say any player they have is part of the future until they’re not. That’s just the only thing they can say. Every player you have has a place until you trade them, then whoever you get back is somebody who you believe in, until you trade them.

Darrell 9 years ago

That caller was UTTERLY HILARIOUS! To insult the Blue Jays of today is one thing, but if my memory is right – this caller was insulting the Blue Jays because Beeston “doesn’t wear shoes” (actually he doesn’t wear socks in the shoes) and that him not wearing shoes was reasons why they weren’t winning today. LOL!

Darrell 9 years ago

Your post about Travis Snider is true, Ami (above).

Travis Snider was praised for years as a blue chip can’t miss prospect. You are right they cannot not trade a guy because he is a favorite but everyone (callers, e-mailers, tweeters, Gregg Zaun) are all saying that Toronto will live to regret trading Snider for Lincoln.

Toronto could easily have flipped Snider for Dempster, Garza or some other starting pitcher that they desperately need. But instead they go the thrifty route and trade a guy whom they have claimed has huge upside – for a guy who from what I hear had Tommy John surgery recently? Not sure if the Tommy John surgery is right or wrong on this guy?

Ami_Angelwings 9 years ago

Are the old comments here lost forever? I can’t seem to see them 🙁

Poker Guy 9 years ago

I agree. I’ve looked as well, and can’t find them.