Long Weekend Poll Questions

By TSM

With the August long weekend here in Canada I ask you this question:

With the Blue Jays in a swoon, the deadline passed and numerous players on the DL will your interest level diminish and if so what are you spending more time paying attention to?

Ken U Barrett
Ken U Barrett
August 4, 2012 5:44 pm

Taking some things from the All-Star Tv play by play crew on sportsnet
That is a tuff question to answer very tuff sort of a tuff fastball or a tuff pitcher with a tuff curve ball or a tuff in between ground ball ,or seing a tuff hitter or its a tuff sun today..
The new beverage game is take a sip every time the know it all crew says TUFF..
We played today and things were TUFF 21 TIMES!!! in 4 1/2 innings..
NOW THAT IS TUFF!!!
Paying attention to…..anything but buck & pat
Am I alone?

Ami_Angelwings
Ami_Angelwings
August 4, 2012 6:51 pm

Dating! (I’m back on the dating scene and it is hilarious xD ) Also conquering the universe in Star Wars: Empire at War >_> But in terms of sports stuff… (assuming we don’t mean paying attention to the fans freaking out about the Jays on radio and in Sportsnet.ca comments) hmmm… there really isn’t much else except the Olympics. CBA discussions dominate hockey. Nothing’s going on with basketball. TFC isn’t interesting to me… I don’t really watch golf. Probably Tennis when the US Open begins? Otherwise, without the Jays, things are dead, and I really have kinda tuned them out since everybody get injured, in that I still pay attention, but I really don’t go looking to see what happened anymore (I used to stop Jays fans coming back from the game when I’m downtown and ask, and I don’t lately).

Stupid lack of interesting Toronto sports stuff!

Itchy Butt
Itchy Butt
August 4, 2012 8:39 pm

Regardless of how the Jays are doing this has been an awesome year for MLB, and I guarantee another nail biting finish. Not losing interest at all.

I shudder at the thought that hockey is getting closer. Then it’s hockey hockey hockey hockey hockey hockey.

Darrell
Darrell
August 4, 2012 10:07 pm

The Jays collapse doesn’t surprise me – year after year. Injuries will totally be an excuse for Jays management to explain their deficiencies. Other teams address their needs when injuries occur. Toronto management wollow and never step up to show the likes of Brett Lawrie, Ricky Romero and Jose Bautista that they are attempting and trying to win. However – saying that the guys that they are playing in the field are giving 100% and trying to play hard each night.

Until management and ownership step up – they will continue to be a .500 ball club year after year.

Neal
Neal
August 5, 2012 10:53 am

I am disappointed with how this season is ending up so far but I haven’t lost interest because the players that we have filling in right now are going to be integral parts of the 2013 season. My only questioning of AA is how in the heck do you trade guys like Thames and Snider when Bautista, Lind, and Arencibia were on the DL? 1/3 of the lineup on the DL and he’s trading away offensive players and having Gose and Sierra taking lumps at the major league level – doesn’t make sense to me especially if you want the Las Vegas 51s to win a championship and have these players have a sense of winning before hitting the majors. Yes, a bullpen re-make was in order and needed to be done but making a call like that right now is questionable at the very least.

Steve in Waterloo
Steve in Waterloo
August 5, 2012 11:23 am

I still enjoy watching, though it would seem most hope is lost now. They need to take a look at their training program – they have had too many players put on the IR.

August 6, 2012 3:13 am
Reply to  Itchy Butt

Yeah, I hear ya. I actually think the hockey overload in Toronto sports media hasn’t been as bad the last couple years as it was for a while there. Sportsnet/The Fan have really upped their Jays coverage, for one. There was a period around 09/10 where it was like hockey was the only sport in town.

August 6, 2012 3:21 am
Reply to  Darrell

I hear your frustration but…

Keep in mind there was a complete rebuild of the team and organization after the 2009 season. So frankly, I doubt AA has really worried too much what the record of the MLB club was his first couple years on the job. A lot of moves were made to step back in the present to get better later (Marcum for Lawrie for example, or accumulating mediocre FAs for draft picks compensation). I think his concern was putting a core together that could win long term.

Judging by AA’s comments and how the team has come together, I get the feeling 2013 is the beginning of what they hope is the ‘win now’ phase of AA’s Blue Jays.

Ben
Ben
August 6, 2012 3:58 pm

Can we do a poll about the total lack of blog posts on here. TSM, remember when this site was awesome? I miss it…

Ami_Angelwings
Ami_Angelwings
August 6, 2012 5:41 pm
Reply to  Ben

Primetime Sports reviews may be coming soon >_>

Ami_Angelwings
Ami_Angelwings
August 6, 2012 5:43 pm

GODDAMMIT!!!!! >:O (I’m in Twitter Jail b/c I tweeted too much during the game) On the bright side, so many male sports media personalities on Twitter were totally riveted to the game, and that was awesome to see. 🙂 Blair, Grange, Arthur & Sixiero made the tweeting of this game fun. 🙂

J So Sad
J So Sad
August 6, 2012 7:06 pm

Funny how TSM has all kinds of time to Tweet or whatever…
But has no time to make even a half an effort to maintain this site..
This use to be the best site going Now…
I don’t wanna be rude but it has gone to shirt!!!!!!!!!

dennes7
dennes7
August 7, 2012 3:53 pm

Is it me or has Ami Angelwings become the defacto moderator of this blog site? I for one would welcome PTS reviews done by Ami.

Ami_Angelwings
Ami_Angelwings
August 8, 2012 3:31 am
Reply to  dennes7

Be careful what you wish for. TSM asked me to do them and I just submitted my first.