Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

by Rob Gregg

Here’s your drive home lineups

On Sportsnet 590 The FAN from 4-7pm, Prime Time Sports with Bob McCown:

400 – 500 – Phones
500 – 700 – Roundtable with John Shannon, Sid Seixeiro, and Neil Smith

On TSN Radio 1050 from 4-7pm, Cybulski & Co., with James Cybulski. Bob Mackowycz co-hosts:

TBA

On TSN (5pm) & TSN2 (6:30pm), Off the Record with Michael Landsberg:

Best of OTR – Best of Chael Sonnen

Tonight on Sportsline:

With 1B/DH Edwin Encarnacion suffering a shoulder and wrist injury, should Manager John Farrell be blamed for playing him in left field? With his play peaking as the US Open approaches, is Milos Raonic on the verge of something special? Who’s to blame for the Tiger Cats shocking loss to Winnipeg and should MLB hire Balco founder Victor Conte to help understand PED usage? Join Hebsy & Bubbs, tonight at 7, on CHCH.

(Another) Andrew
(Another) Andrew
August 17, 2012 5:32 pm

I put PTS on for the second time since Monday right at 4pm today. The first question was about the two shot penalty to Carl Pettersson that was a big talking point of the final round of the PGA last Sunday. Bob responded by saying something like “I don’t know what you’re talking about” to the caller. I turned it off. I thought golf was one of the few sports he actually watched. I’ve only watched part of two golf tournaments this year yet I knew exactly what the caller was referring to.

The other occasion this week was on Wednesday, I think, when Bob was saying that Djokovic had lost his first set at Cincinnati. Before I had a chance to go online to see what had happened to Djokovic, his producer/director/whatever corrected him: Djokovic won the first set in a tie break.

Maybe he should stick exclusively to the business stuff as his lack of current sports knowledge is just too obvious to hide.

August 17, 2012 6:41 pm

Maybe PTS should consider having an “Errors & Omissions” segment at the end of every show like Pardon The Interruption does……………..however they might not have enough time if Bob keeps making numerous mistakes……………..last week when he was talking with Greg Joy he said that Joy won Canada’s only silver medal at the 1976 Montreal Olympics………………..but Canada actually won five silver medals that year

Alex
Alex
August 17, 2012 7:51 pm

The odd thing tonight was Bob referring to the Bullets as “parting shots.”

Bobby G
Bobby G
August 17, 2012 9:33 pm

You don’t have to like McCown, (Another) Andrew, but if you bothered to listen for another seven seconds you would have heard that the caller’s description of the events were wrong and once Bob cleared that up he knew exactly what he was talking about. I suppose if you’re desperate to find something wrong, you’ll cling to the tiniest thing…

Sam
Sam
August 18, 2012 8:18 am

Ah, it wouldn’t be the first minute of the 6pm PTS hour without Shannon cutting into answer a question Bob asked a guest.

Ami_Angelwings
Ami_Angelwings
August 19, 2012 7:24 pm
Reply to  Alex

Yeah I noticed that. He legitimately forgot, for a few seconds, what the final segment was called. :

Ami_Angelwings
Ami_Angelwings
August 19, 2012 7:26 pm
Reply to  Mike S

Good catch! I didn’t notice that one. >_> Maybe we should have an “errors and omissions” for my review? If you happen to be listening and catch one, let me know (email or comment or something) and I’ll add it in when I do my review? 🙂