Toronto Sports Media Weekend question

By TSM

With an NHL lockout all but guaranteed, what will fill your void (regardless of how big or small) this fall ( winter…..spring)??? Will you watch more NBA? NFL? CFL?? Or perhaps Marlies, OHL ? Or perhaps leave the sports realm altogether?

Me? Its one of my favorite summer rituals tonight, Blue Rodeo at the Molson Ampatheatre!

Happy weekend!

Mike C.
Mike C.
August 18, 2012 2:31 pm

Probably get more NFL content in light of the potential NHL work stoppage. I wonder how many “hockey” fans in the U.S. will just completley leave hockey and go elsewhere. If the NHL and the NHLPA go on a pro longed strike they will really destroy what exposure they have in the U.S. Apparently the U.S. TV deal for the NHL kicks in on December 1. If the lockout is still going on by then it will be disgrace from a business perspective. But hey when you have a clown that makes $8 million as a comissioner in Gary Bettman that is what you should expect.
But yeah to answer the question definetly will be watching more NFL games plus UFC’s etc….

sam in oshawa
sam in oshawa
August 18, 2012 4:46 pm

Easy, more guitar time, Buffalo Bills football…

Darrell
Darrell
August 18, 2012 5:12 pm

More NBA, I suppose? May get into the Marlies.

Itchy Butt
Itchy Butt
August 18, 2012 7:17 pm

What the hell is an ampatheater????? Amphitheatre!!!!!

ticky13
ticky13
August 18, 2012 8:35 pm

Probably just catching up on seasons of TV shows I’ve downloaded. Already watch enough of NBA/NFL. No amount of desperation could make me watch the CFL or the Marlies.

Alex
Alex
August 18, 2012 9:52 pm

Premier League (and rest of intl futbol)

Wefewee
Wefewee
August 19, 2012 7:53 am

I can’t believe that anyone would be so upset that the season won’t start on time – the NHL doesn’t really get interesting until after the all star break. Just about the time that The Leaves begin their annual free-fall.
CFL and MLB playoffs for me!

Hack
Hack
August 19, 2012 12:13 pm

@Mike C – David Stern is reported to earn over $20 million, and he delayed the start of the season until Christmas. Is he a clown too?

Don’t forget that nothing happens by chance, everything is orchestrated. The NHL knows exactly what its deadlines are, and how long they can afford to hold out, and their sponsors and TV partners are kept in the loop. If you hear something in the media, it’s not true. That’s why listening to all the hockey pucks is such a waste of time. None of them knows a damn thing, despite their claims to have “inside” information.

As for me, I’ll probably pay more attention to what should be a somewhat more interesting Raptor team. Interesting to see what difference Valanciunas makes. And the Leafs will have as many players from their roster with the Marlies as they can. And so will other teams, so the AHL will be like NHL lite.

Ami_Angelwings
Ami_Angelwings
August 20, 2012 1:25 am

I may actually follow NFL football for the first time in my life. Listening to all of the football talk on PTS has given me some idea of what’s going on, and once baseball ends, if there’s no NHL, I’ll probably actually watch a few NFL games.