Toronto Sports Media Weekend Survery

Toronto Sports Media Weekend Survery

By TSM

Happy weekend all. With the demise of the Score, at least the TV portion, I am asking you for either your favorite Score memory or reasons why you loved (or will miss) The Score.

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 9
  • comment-avatar
    CDlawrence 8 years ago

Pretty much everything from The sirius radio station, from the morning jones. That never got the credit it should have. The amount of talent that came out of that place. Elliotte Friedmen, Tim and Sid in front of the camera and a bunch of behind the scene as well. It’s really too bad

• comment-avatar

This is going to be a long list.

– Most things from the Sirius radio station, especially Tim and Sid: Uncut, which for its last year was the best sports program, radio or TV, I’ve ever experienced, and up there in terms of pure entertainment.
    – Score Tonight. It’s unbelievable in retrospect how good this show was, and how much they got away with. Plays of the Week with Cabbie was appointment television.
    – Drive This. I gave up PTS for a year because this show was so good. I liked the Richard/Sarah/Cam lineup the best, with Gabe popping in once in a while. Once Gabe started hosting it really went off the rails. Still a fantastic show.
    – Hardcore Hockey Talk. The radio show and the television show. Kouleas is a hockey savant, he has no business being 10th on the TSN depth chart.
    – Score of the NFL
    – Having a really good gambling show that I forget the name of
    – Their basketball coverage in general, and college specifically. Court Surfing was fantastic.
    – Cabbie. The man was a genius. He was Toronto’s answer to Nardwuar, but with even more energy and affability.
    – CIS coverage. They had games when nobody would touch it with a ten foot pole, and put their best people on it.
    – The Footy Show. The best North American soccer show going.

I’m leaving out a ton of stuff, surely, but this is just off the top of my head.

• comment-avatar
    Darrell 8 years ago

Not going to miss the wrestling overkill on the Score. Going to miss seeing Renee Paquette on the Score. Hot looking woman – who knows sports.

• comment-avatar
    Mike S 8 years ago

I used to enjoy watching Martine Gaillard and Greg Sansone on The Score Tonight……………….I also used to enjoy the “Ten Minute Misconduct” segment on the hockey show that aired at 11:00 on weeknights
    I used to watch The Score quite a bit but I almost never watch it now……………….it was often entertaining with many talented people but it hasn’t really been that way for a long time

• comment-avatar
    Mike C. 8 years ago

Always was a fan of Score Tonight with Sid & Tim in the TV sports anchor persona they had back in the day. Hardcore Hockey Talk with Steve Kouleas was awesome to. Even back when Greg Sansone was co anchoring Score Tonight with Mark Hebscher that was pretty awesome to. The channel had some great programming back in the day. Remember when Bob “The Bear” Cowan used to do NFL picks with Greg Sansone? When MLB Anaylist Jim Traber would offer insight with Greg Sansone? Or Elliotte Friedman, Martine Gaillard, Brian Duff, Rick Ralph, Cabbie Richards, Dave Bastl, and even Off The Record Producers Dave Krikst and Aaron Bronsteter getting there starts??? it will be missed…..

• comment-avatar

The days of Headline Sports and Sportsworld. James Sharman has been the best soccer analyst in this country for a long time.

• comment-avatar
    Slim Whitman 8 years ago

I can’t stand “Robbers” with passion,but I hope the first person they give the gas pipe to from the Score is Cam Stewart.How he has been on any kind of media boggles my mind.I guess the photos he must of had of senior management trying to lift a sheep over a fence are now void.

• comment-avatar
    YanksLover 8 years ago

Adnan Virk got his start there too – miss him on Court Surfing. Let’s not forget the beautiful Laura Diakun too

• comment-avatar
    Weenerman 8 years ago

I liked the Gaillard and Sansone combo. It seemed like they had great chemistry and a lot of fun.

Mark Hebscher was pretty entertaining as an anchor as well.