Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

by Rob Gregg

Here’s your drive home lineups

On Sportsnet 590 The FAN from 4-7pm, Prime Time Sports with Bob McCown. Stephen Brunt co-hosts from 5pm:

400 – McCown & Brunt discuss Bettman and Fehr news conferences
420 – Scott Norton, player agent
500 – Open segment with McCown & Brunt
520 – Jamaal Magliore, Raptors centre
540 – Dave Perkins, Toronto Star
600 – Glenn Healy, HNIC
620 – Don Fehr, NHLPA executive director
640 – John Shannon, Sportsnet

On TSN Radio 1050 from 4-7pm, Cybulski & Co., with James Cybulski. Bob Mackowycz co-hosts:

4:00 – Steve Simmons In Studio
5:00 – Bob McKenzie
5:30 – JP Barry
5:45 – Donald Fehr
6:00 – Craig Button

On TSN (5pm) & TSN2 (6:30pm), Off the Record with Michael Landsberg:

Milos Raonic, Canadian Tennis Phenom
Joe Namath, Football Legend
Aaron Ward, TSN Hockey Analyst
Mike Gartner, NHL Hall of Famer

**This afternoon on Sportsline at 5pm:

Is there a ‘riff’ between Blue Jays pitcher Ricky Romero and Manager John Farrell? Under the leadership of President Scott Mitchell, have the Hamilton Tiger Cats been a failure? With Derek Jeter suffering an mild ankle injury, should the Yankees rest their veteran shortstop, and will there ever be a day when a female quarterbacks a pro football team? Join Hebsy & Bubbs at 5 on CHCH.

bobthetrapper
bobthetrapper
September 13, 2012 9:28 pm

Some things I don’t
understand! One, in which direction this
site is going. Seems like a lot of teacher types are evaluating the production
instead of the message. Secondly, so
many of you seem to hate the call in portion of shows that allow fans to
express their thoughts ( have never done that, but I would guess it is not an
easy thing to do.) Then you have some blonde
chic, who doesn’t use her real name, telling us, with copious notes, what her
thoughts and opinions are. How do you spell hypocrite . Please excuse the
spelling and grammar. I hope I get a C+!

Mike C.
Mike C.
September 13, 2012 10:00 pm

Ami
Tomorrow’s PTS is going to be vintage. I say “Vintage” because BILL WATTERS! as TSM broke on twitter moments ago is going to be a guest on the roundtable!!! Turn back the clock indeed… should be a great show… remember back in the day when Watters co hosted with McCown they had awesome timing…. should be good…. TSM does this mean Watters is back with Rogers now ? I know his deal expired with Corus

September 14, 2012 12:30 am
Reply to  bobthetrapper

“Seems like a lot of teacher types are evaluating the production
instead of the message”

Please elaborate! Don’t know what you mean at all.

“Then you have some blonde
chic, who doesn’t use her real name, telling us, with copious notes, what her
thoughts and opinions are. How do you spell hypocrite”

This website is called ‘Toronto Sports Media’. She is giving her thoughts on the show. Please explain how you find that hypocritical. Don’t get it at all.

Itchy Butt
Itchy Butt
September 14, 2012 6:32 am
Reply to  bobthetrapper

No, you get an F, for making no sense whatsoever. I do not understand for one moment the connection between “some blonde chick who doesn’t use her real name ” discussing the show and a bunch of cement heads calling in and saying “I tink da Leafs shood trade for Tie Domi’s son”.
BTW, is your real name “bobthetrapper”??? wtf….

cam
cam
September 14, 2012 10:02 am

There are always grammar wars breaking out on this site
where people attack the syntax, spelling, terminology and word choice. Case in
point – pointing to the correct use of in to versus into not to long ago. It is
disingenuous to say it does not occur at the expense of the point, it does.

As for the direction of the site, it is a legitimate
question if not asked in a boorish manner. While PTS has always been a dominant
theme with the advent of the Ami’s reviews it is the central theme. I laud Ami’s
efforts and initiative and do read most of the reviews. Based on the comments
associated with the posts, I am not alone but it is not so hard to see how the direction
might be questioned.

I first found this site when all the changes were made at
the Fan. It naturally dominated the discussion but there were links to other
media as well. There were posts about a specific subject with multiple links to
sources in the story. It seemed the majority of the interest was radio centric but
with a wider view on the local sports media landscape. Now it seems to be more show
specific with a much narrower scope.

It has changed, which is neither good nor bad it is just
different. I appreciate that TSM continues with the site and obviously still
come here. But, I would like it to have a broader scope, but unlike Ami, I am
unwilling to invest the time to do it.

As for speling and gramer, I could care a ratz ass about it,
I enjoy the points and opinions.

Another Steve
Another Steve
September 14, 2012 11:10 am
Reply to  cam

Yes, people can go too far regarding grammar and syntax, but nevertheless there is a relationship between clarity of thinking and clarity of expression, and so it’s hardly virtuous, in my opinion, to take the opinion that good grammar should not be the ideal. I particularly find it amusing when people say the opposite of they really mean because they don’t know how to use words properly. Without grammar we are then reduced to talking like Nick Kypreos and saying things such as “I cen haz hockey.” 🙂

As for the direction of the site, as far as I understand it, that’s really just a function of the people who comment. I think Ami has volunteered to do the the PTS reviews and a lot of people enjoy them – myself included. I’m certain that if others would like to talk about other things than most people would welcome that.

Another Steve
Another Steve
September 14, 2012 11:16 am
Reply to  bobthetrapper

Mr. Trapper, how many people actually use a “real [full] name” on here?

Itchy Butt
Itchy Butt
September 14, 2012 1:20 pm

I think the direction of this site is pretty much determined by us, the people that leave comments. And by the goings on in the world of sports media.
I do appreciate TSM giving us this forum to voice our opinions but let’s face it, he will never be confused with John Robertson as far as his writing abilites go. The “articles” tend to be sophomoric and his ardor for Brian Burke gets slightly uncomfortable. But I don’t think he has changed anything here. I think we have. Unless you count eliminating the half naked chicks. 🙂

September 14, 2012 2:31 pm
Reply to  Itchy Butt

Yeah.

It just seems like sports radio is what generates the discussion here. People don’t really seem to get too worked up over Sportsnet Connected vs Sports Centre etc. But for whatever reason, TSN Radio vs The Fan generates a lot of chat.

But yeah, it sure seems to me like the forum is open for anyone to discuss anything.

Alex
Alex
September 14, 2012 11:23 pm
Reply to  Daniel

only speaking for myself, but since i can’t see the tv shows, i can only comment on radio.