Toronto Sports Media Weekend Poll

Toronto Sports Media Weekend Poll

By TSM

First off a hearty congrats to Bruce Arthur who was named Canada’s best sports writer in 2012.

Well deserved.

Now for the poll. How many games should Yunel- just kidding….

If you could attend any one sporting event live, which would it be?

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 14
  • comment-avatar

world cup final, wimbledon, the masters, turkey day in detroit, home match at everton football club, match at Barcelona or Real Madrid

• comment-avatar

Blue Jays World Series Final

olympic 100 m final

Weenerman 8 years ago

I’m in Madrid next Sunday (will go to a match) and will be in Barcelona the following Sunday (el Classico). Unfortunately can’t convince the wife to pay 500 euros per ticket for El Classico so we will need to soak in the atmosphere at a tapas bar.

Been lucky to attend some great sporting events. Monaco GP, soccer in England (QPR home game, Euro 96 in Liverpool – Italy vs Czech), soccer in Argentina (Boca Junior), saw home team win The Memorial Cup (Vancouver Giants), rugby tournaments in Twickenham and Malaysia. multiple Grey Cups. Regret never going to Wimbledon when I lived in London and not going to any NFL game when I lived in Bay Area.

My vote is the Super Bowl. I’m not a huge NFL fan but the spectacle of it and the parties would be hard to beat. Second is the Le Mans 24 hour race. Would also love to go to a boxing match in Vegas – not a boxing fan, but I think the atmosphere would be amazing.

• comment-avatar

Liverpool vs Manchester United this weekend at Anfield.

Mike S 8 years ago

I am a pretty big golf and tennis fan so I would probably pick The Masters or Wimbledon

Another Steve 8 years ago

The French Open. I would love to see a 5-hour marathon match there with fans who scream during the match.

(Another) Andrew 8 years ago

It’s got to be an El Clasico between Real Madrid and Barcelona. This year though I’d be happy just to be able to watch it on TV. (No Spanish soccer has appeared in Canada this season because the rights are owned by a TV company that does NOT have a channel in this country!)

Sam in Scarb 8 years ago

Kentucky Derby, sitting right at the finish line 25 rows up.

David 8 years ago

Been lucky enough to hit a lot of ‘big’ things, a few of which underwhelmed – Super Bowl the leader in that: Game 7 SCF (NJ/ANA), Super Bowl (BALT/NYG), FA Cup Final (MUFC/EFC), 4 Grey Cups, 1 Frozen Four, WC 94 QF (ESP/ITA), FINAL FOUR ’84, 2 WS games (Jays/Braves), Leafs/Kings Game 7, Knights winning Mem Cup at home, 2 Preakness, NCAAF at Michigan, Penn State, Mizzou. Best atmopsheres have been U of M/MSU hockey at Yost, and a bunch of Premier League games. A friend with no feelings for the sport went to Barca-Real SuperCup last month and came away a convert, so mark me down for an El Clasico.

Robert 8 years ago

Seventh game of the Stanley Cup final between the Leafs and Detroit at the ACC. Can’t tell you what year, or century.

• comment-avatar

Game #7, Expos/Blue Jays World Series. Unfortunately, that ship has sailed, so I will go with the U.S. Open or Wimbledon Finals, whichever comes first, with my neighbour Milos Raonic in it, and hopefully winning his 1st Major.

Andrew 8 years ago

Le Mans
    TITTL

Darrell 8 years ago

Not just saying this as I am a long suffering Leafs fan, but I would want to see the clinching game at Maple Leaf Gardens (oops Air Canada Centre) before I reach retirement and where my grandkids will have to explain to me what’s happening on the ice.