Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

photo courtesy deadspin.com

by Rob Gregg

Here’s your drive home lineups

On Sportsnet 590 The FAN from 4-7pm, Prime Time Sports with Bob McCown. Damien Cox co-hosts from 5pm:

400 – Tim & Sid, Sportsnet 590 The FAN
420 – Stephen Brunt, Sportsnet
520 – Brian Ehrenworth, Frameworth
540 – Dwane Casey, Raptors coach
600 – Bill Polian, former Colts & Bills GM
620 – Neil Smith, former NY Rangers GM
640 – Rob Becker, legal analyst

On TSN Radio 1050 from 4-7pm, Cybulski & Co., with James Cybulski. Bob Mackowycz co-hosts:

TBD

On TSN (5pm) & TSN2 (6:30pm), Off the Record with Michael Landsberg:

TBD

Today on Sportsline:

Have coaches and players reached their boiling point with the replacement officials and will the NFL do anything about it? Did you agree with Jim Schwartz decision to for it on 4th and 1 during the Lions loss to the Titans? After calling out Toronto Sun sportswriter Steve Simmons did UFC President Dana White cross the line by calling some MMA fans ‘morons?’ This plus the Hebsy’s on the only ‘NO NHL LOCKOUT’ sports show on CHCH, at 5.

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 8
  • comment-avatar

I wonder how much of Bob’s lack of knowledge about podcasting and that audience was schtick and how much was legit. I’m sure he doesn’t care about it on some level, since it doesn’t generate any money for him directly.

• comment-avatar
    Chris 8 years ago

Gave TSNR another shot today on my commute home as PTS wasn’t on because of the Jays game. Just before 5PM with Simmons and Arthur also in studio, they were discussing the 25 year anniversary of the Ben Johnson world record 100 meter dash, and the subsequent steroid scandal that followed. In this conversation, Cybulski, and I’ll have to paraphrase here, asked “is this sports version of 9/11?” After hearing the collective groan in studio, I turned it off. What a complete fucking dolt.

• comment-avatar
    Itchy Butt 8 years ago

Wow. Now I know why I never listen. What a douchebag.
    Let’s compare an evil attack that killed almost 4,000 people to some shmuck running 100 yards and getting caught doping. F me….

• comment-avatar

Well, everyone did kill him immediately.

Tsn was much better yesterday, certainly because arthur was there.

• comment-avatar
    Roger 8 years ago

I’m no fan of
    Cybuslki but I don’t think he was comparing the two events. I believe he was
    trying to illustrate how HUGE the Johnson drug scandal was in comparison
    to other sports controversies (as 9-11 is when compared to other tragic news
    stories).

• comment-avatar
    Itchy Butt 8 years ago

I blame the gay mafia

• comment-avatar
    Chris 8 years ago

its a shitty analogy any which way you slice it.

• comment-avatar
    Kamlesh 8 years ago

Didn’t Cybulski compare the Jays’ rainout last week to the New Orleans floods?
    Seriously, he was good today with Mackowycz and Naylor and Bob MacKenzie – threw in some nice Tragically Hip and Gary Cherone comments.

I listened to the first hour of Cybul today after being upset by that softball Dwayne Casey interview Bob did yesterday. I should have known no meaningful content would be revealed when Bob started by asking about Casey’s big screen tv. Casey likes it. He also likes Valanciunas, Fields, Lowry, Bargnani – basically everybody. Do I expect a coach to come on and knock his players? No and neither does Bob, so why have him on. Bob always says he doesn’t have athletes on because they don’t say anything, well Casey said nothing today. And no Valanciunas probably isn’t going to spend time with the Lithuanian community in TO, he’s going to spend his off time at restaurants and clubs and bars like most 19 year old guys.

Bob was better with Brian Cooper today. 590 gets Cooper back and 1050 hired Steve Rapp away. I think TSN got the better of those 2 switches, although it will be nice to hear Cooper and Bill Watters on roundtables dealing primarily with business.