Toronto Sports Media Morning Drive Lineups

By TSM

Here’s your drive lineup for your listening enjoyment this am:

On 590 with Greg Brady and Jim Lang:

640 Steve Ludzik
720 Nick Kypreos
740 Jorey Middlestadt
820 Stephen Brunt
840 Dick Vermeil

On TSN radio with Mike Richards

7:00am: DAVE NAYLOR – Football Analyst

7:15am: DAN SHULMAN (FROM NEW YORK)

7:30: PIERRE MCGUIRE

7:45: WHINE OF THE WEEK

8:00: ED STEFANSKI – Raptors Executive VP of Basketball Operations

8:30: ALEX MARVEZ – Foxsports.com Head NFL Writer

Ami_Angelwings
Ami_Angelwings
October 4, 2012 3:53 pm

Did anybody hear the baseball roundtable on the Blair show with Blair, Davidi, Wilner and Zaun? I’m thinking of writing a special review of it (if TSM is okay with it) because it involves 2 of the personalities that often get strong opinions on this blog. I also, personally, found it interesting because it seemed like Wilner was holding his tongue the entire time, and I noted in particular that he was only choosing small bits of what people said to agree with and refraining from saying the things he does on Jays Talk. Also, Wilner was the only one on the roundtable who thought the Jays didn’t take a step back and that they’ll be a great team next year.

October 4, 2012 4:02 pm
Reply to  Ami_Angelwings

I listened to it. Well I don’t think Wilner said ‘they’ll be a great team next year’. Or that anyone else said they wouldn’t. But Zaun and Blair definitely had a negative view of the current state of things, Davidi more neutral, and Wilner more positive.

Ami_Angelwings
Ami_Angelwings
October 4, 2012 4:18 pm
Reply to  Daniel

Davidi did agree that the Jays took a step back though. That’s what I was referring to, when Blair asked if they took a step back.

Blair said they are far from the playoffs. I take that to mean that Blair doesn’t think they’re going to be a great team next year.

Wilner said “I think this team is going to be very good next year”, just listened to it again for the quote. So yeah he didn’t say “great”, he said “very good”, I was paraphrasing. xD

October 4, 2012 4:53 pm
Reply to  Ami_Angelwings

Wilner would not be the first radio personality to be combative with callers and then remain somewhat silent when on air analysts say many of the same things that the callers said………….Mike Schopp on 550 in Buffalo often does the same thing…………quite often callers deserve to be blasted if they don’t support their arguments with facts but Wilner takes it way too far on a regular basis
By the way, does Wilner still think the Orioles are a terrible team that has no chance of making the playoffs ??

October 4, 2012 5:14 pm
Reply to  Ami_Angelwings

Fair! Maybe I didn’t listen as closely as I thought..

October 4, 2012 5:18 pm
Reply to  Mike S

You’re right on Wilner toning it down for Zaun, but thinking the Orioles aren’t a great team is hardly just a Wilnerism!

They scored fewer runs than the Jays (with about the save AVG, OBP and OPS), and don’t have anyone in the rotation who made 20 starts. 29-9 in one run games. 13-2 in extra innings.

Years like that don’t happen very much. Good for them though.

October 4, 2012 7:56 pm
Reply to  Daniel

I never said that Wilner was the only one…………but this is not the first time he has done this…………….he did the same thing with Tampa in 2008…………….instead of saying he was wrong about Baltimore being a terrible team he would rather say the entire season is a statistical anomoly…………..I am not saying Baltimore is a great team or even a really good team but they seem to be better than a lot of people have been giving them credit for

October 4, 2012 8:32 pm
Reply to  Mike S

Yeah, he was definitely offbase and stubborn on Tampa. That sudden ascension made a lot of sense because they had a phenomenal farm system in the couple years leading up to 08.

I just can’t fault anyone for not buying into the Orioles because they really have defied all logic. I honestly believe that’s a 75 to 80 win team, talent wise. Great bullpen and a couple great young players, but LOADS of scrubs on that team (See Joe Saunders starting the One-game playoff tomorrow). It’s just nuts.

mike in boston
mike in boston
October 5, 2012 9:51 am

looking forward to the review Ami – maybe Daniel can do a counterpoint to it?