Toronto Sports Media Morning Drive Lineups

By TSM

Here’s your drive lineup for your listening enjoyment this am:

On 590 with Greg Brady and Jim Lang:

7:15: Scott Cullen – 3 Fantasy Football Picks of the Week

Kevin Gibson – 3 stats to win your pool

7:30: Pierre McGuire –

7:45: BOB COLE CHICKS I LIKE:

8:00: Steve Simmons – The Reporters/Sun Media

8:15: STEVE RAPP – INSIDE THE LINES HOST – NFL PICKS

8:30: Chuck Ealey (In-Studio) – Stone Thrower: The Chuck Ealey Story documentary on TSN at 10:30 pm ET

October 12, 2012 10:54 am

Looks like the entire Mike Richards Show is NFL fantasy/gambling picks..

Capn2patch
October 12, 2012 1:35 pm

Interesting conversation between Tim Micallef and Bob McCown during the 4 o’clock hour on PTS.

A few items I had not heard before:

– The Fan 590 is second in listenership only to… finally revealed… Detroit
Not exactly flattering, but good to know just the same.

– Bob reveals that the station is considering moving to FM, and factors that motivate that decision… 80% of those who use radio, never tune to AM? Future of AM

– Bob has 6 years remaining on his contract. Bob would be 66 at the end of that term. Bob intimated that he can terminate the agreement early.

– Taking calls still a priority for the station. (scuse me while I toss my cookies)

– Only 2% of the radio population that listen to the Fan are in tune with new media (Facebook, Twitter et al).

FTR I’m on Twitter but refuse to sign up to Facebook. Why is it then that you can only support station initiatives ie #voteforTom by signing up to Facebook if only 2% of your core audience can participate. Keep it up #timandsid and never mind the calls

October 12, 2012 2:05 pm
Reply to  Capn2patch

McCown has thrown out the 2% figure several times in the last few weeks………….but I believe he is talking about 2% of the world’s population (which includes places like third world countries)…………I refuse to believe that only 2% of 590 listeners use Facebook, Twitter, etc

Itchy Butt
Itchy Butt
October 12, 2012 3:38 pm
Reply to  Capn2patch

I don’t know about this 2% figure. Regardless, the younger audience is in tune with social media and you better try and hook them cuz the old geezers are dying off.
Tim and Sid seem to have a good understanding of social media. I get A LOT of my sports news from Twitter (not a Facebook user). Bob only tweets maybe 3 times a year and it’s usually nothing news worthy. Rosenthal and Morosi do a great job on Twitter.

October 12, 2012 6:17 pm
Reply to  Capn2patch

I heard the conversation. Very interesting. A good example of what makes McCown so good.

Did Bob actually say The Fan is considering going to FM? I thought they just talked about how a few American sports radio stations are moving to FM..

Capn2patch
October 12, 2012 6:28 pm
Reply to  Daniel

They never said they were moving to FM… I’m only saying that with that kind of logic there is some type of strategic planning underway.

mike in boston
mike in boston
October 13, 2012 10:04 am
Reply to  Capn2patch

thanks for the recap.

the 2% figure is surely made up or highly gerrymandered, and so i wonder if the other figures are similarly fictional.

boston sports radio transitioned from AM to FM over the course of a year or so by having the same stuff on both sides, before finally pulling the plug on the AM version.