Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

by Rob Gregg

Here’s your drive home lineups

On Sportsnet 590 The FAN from 4-7pm, Prime Time Sports with guest host Sid Seixeiro. Dave Perkins co-hosts from 5pm:

400 – Tim Micallef, Sportsnet
420 – Mike Zeisberger, Toronto Sun
500 – Bob Ryan, Boston Globe
520 – Steve Bitker, KCBS
600 – Don Banks, SI.com
620 – Jim Hughson, HNIC
640 – Stephen Brunt, Sportsnet

On TSN Radio 1050 from 4-7pm, Cybulski & Co., with James Cybulski. Bob Mackowycz co-hosts:

TBA

On TSN (5pm) & TSN2 (6:30pm), Off the Record with Michael Landsberg:

Ruben Brown and Mitch Berger, Retired NFL Pro Bowlers
Dave Hodge, Dave Feschuk, Bruce Arthur, Steve Simmons, TSN’s The Reporters

Today on Sportsline:

Did the San Francisco Giants overachieve or did the Detroit Tigers tank in the World Series? Is the Michael Vick era and the Andy Reid era over with the Philadelphia Eagles? Are you happy with Bieber & Lightfoot as the halftime entertainment for the upcoming Grey Cup and why did the OKC Thunder trade sixth man of the year James Harden? This plus the Hebsy’s with Mark & Bubbs today at 5 on CHCH!

Dave in Bolton
Dave in Bolton
October 29, 2012 5:57 pm

Anyone hear the special addition of the Reporters on TSN 1050 with Hodge, Simmons and Arthur. Was a good show hope they do more.

Simsal Abim
Simsal Abim
October 29, 2012 6:59 pm

They won’t be doing many more, at least not regularly. They shouldn’t have run it at all because it’s a TELEVISION show. This kind of programming is exactly why TSNR is losing. The people who run it don’t understand it’s radio. Insiders who won’t tell the radio audience anything until it’s been on TV, a TV pretty boy (Cybulski) who is completely out of his element on radio, a morning show that has been abysmal on its best days, the list goes on. All a program like today’s does is confuse. It’s like what they’ve done to Dan Patrick and Scott MacArthur. When are they on? When will it change?Again? I’d be all for The Reporters being a regular show, but pick a time, run it then, and keep it there. Pretty simple I would think.

Alex
Alex
October 29, 2012 8:38 pm
Reply to  Dave in Bolton

it’s the second or third time they’ve done it. I know they did a Lockout Special a few weeks ago.

Kamlesh
Kamlesh
October 29, 2012 9:03 pm

Justin Bieber and Gordon Lightfoot are the entertainment for Grey Cup 2012. Since this is the 100th Grey Cup you think they would have chosen someone with greatness. Yes I mean Krispy Kreme:

kyle
kyle
October 30, 2012 3:03 pm
Reply to  Dave in Bolton

I listened to the podcast today. It was okay, topics kind of jumped around a bit, but discussion was fine. I’d probably listen again.

I have always liked Hodge; I had never heard him hosting a radio show, but he seemed to lack a little flow.

kyle
kyle
October 30, 2012 3:13 pm

The Grey Cup half-time:

(a) will have me turning away; granted, getting Bieber is a coup, but there are 100 bands I’d rather see than him, and associated peeps. why are these lineups always so milquetoast?

(b) leaves me scratching my head; like I learned so many years ago on Sesame Street – one of these things is not like the other…

October 30, 2012 6:33 pm
Reply to  kyle

Hodge is excellent……………he might not be a great radio host but the people at 1050 should have him on as a guest much more than they do……………I hardly ever hear Hodge on 1050, which is a shame