Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

by Rob Gregg

Good Monday Night Football match tonight – Giants & Redskins. Here’s your drive home lineups

On Sportsnet 590 The FAN from 4-7pm, Prime Time Sports with Bob McCown. Damien Cox co-hosts from 5pm:

400 – Tim & Sid, Sportsnet 590 The FAN
420 – Richard Deitsch, SI.com
500 – Open segment with McCown & Cox
520 – Don Banks, SI.com
540 – Buzz Hargrove, former CAW union National President
600 – Bob Ryan, Boston Globe
620 – Greg Gilhooly, victim of Graham James
620 – Jeff Blair, Sportsnet and the Globe & Mail

On TSN Radio 1050 from 4-7pm, Cybulski & Co., with James Cybulski. Bob Mackowycz co-hosts:

Bruce Arthur
Steve Simmons
Bob McKenzie

On TSN (5pm) & TSN2 (6:30pm), Off the Record with guest host Cabral Richards:

Victor Cruz, NY Giants Receiver
Ruben Brown, Retired NFL Pro Bowler
Steve Simmons and Bruce Arthur, Columnists

Today on Sportsline:

Did Bob Costas hijack Sunday Night Football by promoting his own personal feelings about gun control? Have young quarterbacks like Andrew Luck & Russell Wilson taken over the NFL and who is the best? After dropping to 8-9 after last nights loss to the Magic, are the LA Lakers falling apart? This plus the Hebsys with Mark and Bubbs today at 5, on CHCH.

Darren Johnston
December 3, 2012 5:58 pm

After listening to the first 2 hours of todays show I have finally came to the conclusion that Bob McCown really needs to retire. His opinions in or on Sports is so far outdated it’s beyond comical. And on a side note can anyone tell me if when they visit this website lately (Month or so) that it freezes for about 45 sec to a minute?

Nan Young Lee
Nan Young Lee
December 3, 2012 8:58 pm

I think Mike Francesa might want to retire too.

Darren Johnston
December 3, 2012 10:31 pm
Reply to  Nan Young Lee

Ya, he is a moron to, what used to be a great listen (Mike & The Mad Dog) is now just bad without Russo, I think he will be done when his current deal is up, I heard him say he is looking forward to spending more time with his family.

Ami_Angelwings
Ami_Angelwings
December 4, 2012 1:23 am

Why? I actually was really heartened by today’s show. I think both he and Damien (yes I’m praising Damien) perfectly captured how I (and I’m sure others) felt on Saturday about the media reporting (and general handling) of the Belcher murder/suicide.

The Bob I think might need to be reconsidered for PTS after this show is Bob Ryan. I like Bob Ryan, at least in that I think he sounds like a nice person, but his interviews have been really rambling, kinda incoherent and not actually based in much factual analysis lately. His thoughts about Gasol today were really hard to listen to and follow, at least for me. :

Kamlesh
Kamlesh
December 4, 2012 12:44 pm
Reply to  Ami_Angelwings

I usually listen to Cybulski now, but when I heard the podcast I agree that Bob was excellent on Belcher, as he ususally is on controversial subjects.
I also had been thinking about why Bob Ryan is so bad now. He is great on ESPN The Reporters and when Bob interviewed in once in a while, but now there is no chemistry between the two.

Kamlesh
Kamlesh
December 4, 2012 12:49 pm
Reply to  Nan Young Lee

LOL, gotta love Francesa. This just enhances his legend. Meanwhile on 1050, Bryan Hayes is quickly becoming a young Mike Francesa.

Darren Johnston
December 4, 2012 4:12 pm
Reply to  Ami_Angelwings

I was more referring to his talk of MNF, basically saying the game between the Skins & Giants wasn’t going to be worth watching. It’s like when discussing actual sports he has no idea who anybody is in any sport. Like how in the world does a host of a major sports talk show not know who RGIII is? And next weeks game on Monday night is Houston @ New England, I wonder if that will be worth watching in Bob;s eyes?