Toronto Sports Media Morning Drive Lineups

By TSM

Here’s your drive lineup for your listening enjoyment this am:

On 590 with Greg Brady and Jim Lang:

720 Doug Maclean
740 Clark Judge
820 Paul Jones
840 Ray Shero

On TSN radio with Mike Richards

THE MIKE RICHARDS SHOW: WEDNESDAY

6:30: Jonas Siegel – Leafs Reporter – Leafs/Pens Preview

7:15: Pierre McGuire

7:30: Open Phones – Wayne Gretzky would bring ____ to the Maple Leafs if he was team president?

7:45: Leafs Breakfast – Darren Dreger

8:00: Jim Barker – Argos GM

8:15: Darren Rovell – ESPN Sports Business Reporter

8:30: Kevin Harlan – NFL Analyst

8:45: Mike Lange – Penguins Radio voice

January 23, 2013 11:16 am

For anyone who works closely with the FAN 590 – FIRE DON KOLLINS ALREADY! Holy cow – I was up late last night and about 1 AM I had the radio on and the CBS radio host they had on the radio had to have the WORSE radio voice I had ever heard in 21 years existence of the FAN 590 (worse than Andrew Krystal and the Fabulous Sports Babe – during the ESPN days). I had the radio on for less than 5 minutes, before I changed the dial. When sending a twitter complaint to Don Kollins – what does he do? He blocks those that give him some criticism.

daver
daver
January 23, 2013 3:03 pm
Reply to  Darrell

Pretty sure the Midnight-5:30AM ratings aren’t going to be the reason they fire the PD. Stop listening if you don’t like it, and stop complaining.

January 23, 2013 4:19 pm
Reply to  daver

Yah you might be right, but I just really miss the 24-7 Canadian content angle that they spent so long drumming up and just dropping it like a hot potato.

Hilbilly Steve
Hilbilly Steve
January 23, 2013 6:25 pm
Reply to  Darrell

the 24-7 Canadian angle might be okay, but variety is also nice. Also, Norm puts me to sleep (and not in a good way) He sounds so bored when he’s on the air, at least the CBS overnight guys have some energy.

January 23, 2013 8:10 pm
Reply to  Hilbilly Steve

The host they had on CBS Overnight sounded like a male Bea Arthur. It was horrible. Well as long as this mess is on the air overnight, I guess my radio will be off overnight. @ HillyBilly Steve – I don’t always agree with Rumack or always enjoy him on the air but he i a BILLION times better than what they had last night on there.

Hilbily Steve
Hilbily Steve
January 23, 2013 9:10 pm
Reply to  Darrell

@Darrell if you listen past 2am, the host changes to a guy who’s voice sounds exactly like Sammuts.

Nan Young Lee
Nan Young Lee
January 23, 2013 11:36 pm
Reply to  Darrell

Worse than the Fabulous Sports Babe? I didn’t think that was humanly possible. But it reminds me of another Bobism, if not already mentioned, “The Fabulous Sports Blimp”.

Nan Young Lee
Nan Young Lee
January 24, 2013 12:41 am
Reply to  Nan Young Lee

I just listened to a few minutes of the CBS guy. You’re right, he’s worse. Ignore previous post. Apologies to the Fabulous Sports Babe.

January 24, 2013 9:23 am
Reply to  Hilbily Steve

I am not saying that Sammut’s voice is entertaining either, but that guy they have on is probably the WORST radio voice I have heard in a long time (from CBS Radio).

January 24, 2013 9:46 am
Reply to  Hilbily Steve

By the way – it is Jeff Sammut (no “s” on the end of his name).

Hilbilly Steve
Hilbilly Steve
January 24, 2013 6:07 pm
Reply to  Darrell

So listen past 2 am you DINK, the host is different from 2-6am I was saying Sammut’s as in possesion, HIS voice. I know his last name isn’t Sammuts.

January 26, 2013 2:41 pm
Reply to  Hilbilly Steve

Get your underwear wedgy out of your butt – I thought it was a mistake (your referencing him Sammuts). Just simply correcting you.

numeri
numeri
November 28, 2014 3:34 am

You are so awesome! I do not think I’ve read anything like that before. So nice to find somebody with a few unique thoughts on this issue. Really.. many thanks for starting this up. This site is something that’s needed on the internet, someone with a little originality!