Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

by Rob Gregg

Here’s your drive home lineups

On Sportsnet 590 The FAN from 4-7pm, Prime Time Sports with Bob McCown. Damien Cox co-hosts from 5pm:

400 – Neil Smith, former NY Rangers GM
420 – Richard Deitsch, SI.com
440 – Open segment with McCown
500 – Open segment with McCown and Cox
520 – Bruce McNall, former LA Kings owner
540 – Gregg Rosen, new onwer of Brampton Central Hockey League franchise
600 – Lou Lamoriello, New Jersey Devils GM
620 – Dave Mahler, 950 KJR Sports Radio, Seattle
640 – Tom Tebbut, tennis analyst

On TSN Radio 1050 from 4-7pm, Cybulski & Co., with James Cybulski. Bob Mackowycz co-hosts:

TBD

On TSN (5pm) & TSN2 (6:30pm), Off the Record with Michael Landsberg:

Jeremy Roenick, Retired NHL All-Star
J.B. Smoove, Comedian
Catriona Le May Doan, 2x Olympic Gold Medalist

Today on Sportsline:

Will Wayne Gretzky be the next President of the Toronto Maple Leafs? After Serena Williams was upset at the Australian Open, is there a changing of the guard in women’s tennis? Both the Leafs & Raptors face tough competition on the road against the Penguins & Heat — any surprises? Join Hebsy & Bubbs tonight at 5, on CHCH!

Guy
Guy
January 23, 2013 5:26 pm

Can someone tell me what Dave Shoalts did to get “banned” from primetime?

Kamlesh
Kamlesh
January 23, 2013 7:18 pm
Reply to  Guy

And where is Bill Watters? Did 590 cut him loose along with Norm Rumack? Too bad, I always found him entertaining.

January 23, 2013 8:10 pm
Reply to  Guy

Is he banned? He was on as late as December.

January 23, 2013 8:10 pm

That’s some love-in for McNall. o_o

Andrew
Andrew
January 23, 2013 8:17 pm
Reply to  Kamlesh

Stormin’s entire twitter feed now consists of giving out Don Kollins’ phone number and suggesting people call him directly. That’s a strategy that’s sure to succeed.

Alex
Alex
January 23, 2013 8:20 pm
Reply to  Ami_Angelwings

I skipped that segment. It seems he has been on a lot lately. and Maybe Shoalts got banned for his emphatic shooting down on the gretzky story last night.

Funny Bob didn’t bring up his Te’o theory to Deitsch, who earlier in the day condemned people for speculating about the “Is Te’o gay” line of thinking.

Kamlesh
Kamlesh
January 23, 2013 8:57 pm
Reply to  Andrew

I see on Rumack’s twitter account that he’s next on air against the
Super Bowl. LOL. That’s what you get for posting Kollins’ phone number online.

January 23, 2013 8:59 pm
Reply to  Andrew

Somebody’s slightly bitter.

January 23, 2013 9:00 pm
Reply to  Alex

I wonder if Bob knew that and that’s why he didn’t bring it up.

Guy
Guy
January 23, 2013 9:05 pm
Reply to  Ami_Angelwings

Bob and Neil Smith talked about it briefly in the first 20 minutes or so, of the show

January 23, 2013 10:49 pm
Reply to  Guy

Yeah I just heard it upon a second listen. Bob sounded like he might be joking though. He’s said others have been in the black book in the same voice, and they’ve been back on soon after (Wally Buono last year).

January 23, 2013 10:51 pm
Reply to  Kamlesh

Watters’ contract with 640 ended last summer……………while it is true that he appeared a couple of times on the PTS roundtable I don’t believe 590 ever hired him…………….as far as I know he is currently a free agent

January 23, 2013 11:36 pm
Reply to  Ami_Angelwings

Even if you don’t like Rumack as a host, you’ve gotta feel bad for the guy if he’s going to those lengths. Tough to lose a job.

January 24, 2013 12:20 am

I’m surprised that even somebody like Tim doesn’t know that fake accounts using pretty girls as avatars are not uncommon online. I mean if you’re going to make a fake account you want people to interact with it, and so you’d assume a pleasing shape (to take a quote about a famous liar.) And actually it’s not abnormal for people to be suspicious that pretty girls (or any girl) they meet online are “fake”, in video game communities, for example, women get accused of being fake constantly (which is annoying), and if you have a pretty avatar, even more so. That’s not to say Te’o should have immediately thought she’s fake, but Tim said that nobody would think a pretty girl they meet online is fake, and actually many people do.

January 24, 2013 12:34 am
Reply to  Daniel

That’s true. 🙁 And I actually don’t have any problem with him as a host. I liked listening to live Toronto sports programming on the few occasions I’ve driven that late. I was just commenting that it seems pretty bitter to be devoting your twitter feed to posting contact info of your former boss. : But as you say, it also shows how hurt he probably is.

January 24, 2013 1:19 am
Reply to  Ami_Angelwings

@Ami – agreed!

Alex
Alex
January 24, 2013 2:53 am
Reply to  Ami_Angelwings

I doubt it, unless one of the producers told him about it. And i think would provoke bob into bringing it up.

January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Reply to  Alex

Bob does read reporters and writers that he likes though. He might have read it before, though if Deitsch said it earlier in the day, Bob probably didn’t hear about it.

kyle
kyle
January 24, 2013 8:31 am
Reply to  Ami_Angelwings

I have not listened yet, but my guess would be it had no influence, it’s just Bob’s angle on the story. This seems to be Bob’s M.O. (well at least one of) – he gets a little nugget from someone, an “expert” (in this case Cyd Zeigler; see also Greeg Zaun re:Jays), and runs with it, makes it his new opinion, and then proceeds to bring it up with anyone and everyone.

Daz
Daz
January 24, 2013 9:04 am
Reply to  Guy

Because Bob said that Shoalts credited the rival network, TSN with breaking the Gretzky story, not Sportsnet.

kyle
kyle
January 24, 2013 11:20 am
Reply to  kyle

sorry, though I’d read that he did bring it up, not that he did not. that’s what I get for commenting while working. never mind. carry on. 🙂
but i still stick with Bob’s m.o.