Friday toronto sports radio lineups

By TSM

On tsn radio

6:30: Jonas Siegel – Leafs Reporter

6:45: Sexy Picks of Gold – Paul Stanley Picks

7:00: Chris Schultz

7:15: Pierre McGuire

7:45: Leafs Breakfast – Darren Dreger and Steve Simmons

8:00: Bob Cole Chicks I Like

8:30: Toronto Rock Cheerleaders (In-Studio)

8:45: Toronto Rock Cheerleaders (In-Studio)

On fan 590

Tbd

January 25, 2013 11:28 am

Has anayone else noticed that 640 has decided to continue to have a Leafs call-in show after games (with Andy Frost as host) even though they don’t carry the games any more?…………….however so far this season as far as I know they have only had the show after road games and not after home games…………..if that is the case it is a curious decision……………..I assume it might have something to do with Frost being the PA announcer at Leaf home games

Nan Young Lee
Nan Young Lee
January 25, 2013 12:13 pm
Reply to  Mike S

Frost’s show is on after every Leaf game. He still has his loyal callers, like Mike from Buffalo, phoning in. 1050’s show has decided to not mix in calls with their post game interviews with Carlyle and players. Personally I’d rather see Mike Hogan and Terry Koshan or Brian Duff to do a Leaf post game show on 1050.

Also AM640 has hired Bill Carroll for its 4-7pm show. Carroll who had high ratings in TO before going to LA and taking his timeslot from 18th to first. He will replace Arlene Bynon, a lightweight who helped Bob build his high ratings. Carroll’s not a pushover and may cut into Bob’s ratings.

January 25, 2013 12:20 pm
Reply to  Nan Young Lee

OK…………..I guess I was wrong…………..I turned to 640 a few times after the Leafs game last night between 9:30 and 10:00 and all I heard was their regular programming………….maybe the Frost post game show doesn’t start until 10:00 PM

dennes7
dennes7
January 25, 2013 1:17 pm

Toronto…Toronto…Toronto….3 radio stations carrying Leafs post game and not a word about the Raptors after a buzzer beating game winner….Hockey’s back and now it’s like Raptors who???….

January 25, 2013 3:07 pm
Reply to  dennes7

Yeah. THREE post game shows is insane.

Itchy Butt
Itchy Butt
January 25, 2013 3:47 pm

3 post game shows full of Tony from Woodbridge talking about Mazin Kandri, Geoffry Loopin and trade for Lolongo?

(Another) Andrew
(Another) Andrew
January 25, 2013 4:09 pm
Reply to  Nan Young Lee

Carroll’s not a pushover and may cut into Bob’s ratings.

I was forced to listen to Carroll the other day – in someone else’s car. I found his whole schtick rather forced and his views rather predictable. I’m surprised he did so well in LA – assuming the Sun article is accurate. Arlene Bynon seems like a nice person but surely they didn’t think giving her three hours a day five days a week in such a competitive time slot would work out? Perhaps 640 was just biding time waiting for someone else to become available.

January 25, 2013 5:14 pm
Reply to  Nan Young Lee

I feel like John Tory would be more at risk of losing listeners to Bill Carroll than McCown or Cybulski…. since Carroll does the news/talk thing.