Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

by Rob Gregg

Here’s your drive home lineups

On Sportsnet 590 The FAN from 4-7pm, Prime Time Sports with guest host Elliotte Friedman:

400 – Phones for the full hour
500 – Roundtable to 7pm. Joining Friedman are:
Damien Cox, Sportsnet (5-6pm)
Steve Maich, Sportsnet the Magazine Editor in Chief (6-7pm)
Dave Perkins, Toronto Star
Sean Fitz-Gerald, National Post

On TSN Radio 1050 from 4-7pm, Cybulski & Co., with James Cybulski. Bob Mackowycz co-hosts:

TBD

On TSN (5pm) & TSN2 (6:30pm), Off the Record with Michael Landsberg:

TBD

Today on Sportsline:

Have the Maple Leafs received too much credit for their start to the season? Should the NHL mandate that all players wear kevlar sock to avoid accidents like Erik Karlsson? Will new Blue Jays outfielder bounce back after being caught for PED use and how do you improve the NBA Star Game? Join Hebsy & Bubbs, today at 5 on CHCH!

Darren Johnston (@AFRAUDHATER)
Darren Johnston (@AFRAUDHATER)
February 15, 2013 5:08 pm

Ok, Friedman needs to ask the question to start a discussion on the round table and then SHUT THE HELL UP!!!

Lance D.
Lance D.
February 15, 2013 5:17 pm

I checked out 590, heard Friedman, then stopped listening.

Another Steve
Another Steve
February 15, 2013 5:20 pm

It’s rather puzzling listening to Perkins suggest that Cabrera will likely receive another suspension. The problem with this logic is that he can’t be suspended, as far as I know, for something that happened before his previous suspension – and I can’t imagine that the union wouldn’t allow it. (That is, he was suspended for PEDs and now they’ve possibly discovered where exactly he was getting those PEDs. It doesn’t appear to be a new charge, because he hasn’t played since his suspension.)

I’m surprised that no one is challenging Perkins on this.

Another Steve
Another Steve
February 15, 2013 5:22 pm

Oops….I meant to write “I can’t imagine that the union ‘would’ allow it.”

Dave in Bolton
Dave in Bolton
February 15, 2013 6:04 pm

Whats the deal with Friedman does he work both for CBC and Rogers?

Darren Johnston (@AFRAUDHATER)
Darren Johnston (@AFRAUDHATER)
February 15, 2013 6:06 pm

He shouldn’t be on either!! The Score was a great spot for him, nobody had to hear his opinions!

Darren Johnston (@AFRAUDHATER)
Darren Johnston (@AFRAUDHATER)
February 15, 2013 6:32 pm

I would bet that out of the 2 hours on the roundtable today this loudmouth flapped his gums for over 75% of the time.

Lance D.
Lance D.
February 16, 2013 7:26 pm

This post is to Kamlesh.

About 2 weeks ago you had some positive comments about former Leaf Jeff O’Neill appearing as Jim Tatti’s co-host on TSNR Game Night and I was not impressed with him at all.

I now owe you an apology. O’Neill has significantly improved since then and sounds much better. He still has a rather quiet tone but he has loosened up considerably and is showing a pretty decent personality. I’m really enjoying his analysis and perspective as a former player. I think Tatti has been a big help in bringing him along as he probably would with just about anyone. Tatti is a real pro and is a great personality.

Glad to say I was wrong and hope O’Neill continues to improve.

Thanks.

Lance D.
Lance D.
February 16, 2013 7:53 pm

Should also mention how much I’ve been enjoying O’Neill candidly discussing his stories as a player. Some have been pretty darn funny!

Darren Johnston (@AFRAUDHATER)
Darren Johnston (@AFRAUDHATER)
February 16, 2013 8:02 pm

A buddy of mine played with O’Neil in Windsor and I met him a bunch of times, the guy is a blockhead and an idiot, I haven’t seen him on TV so can’t comment so I can only speak on what I witnessed first hand.

Lance D.
Lance D.
February 16, 2013 10:28 pm

I can’t comment on O’Neill’s IQ but what I’m hearing from him is pretty decent. Perhaps he is a blockhead but his candid analysis and storytelling has been pretty solid and far better than when he began only a couple of weeks ago.

As I commented previously, Jim Tatti can probably take a lot of the credit. Tatti seems like a guy who can raise the level of his co-host just on his sense of humour and ease of delivery.

Thanks.

itchy butt
itchy butt
February 17, 2013 9:38 am

LOL, O’Neill is my friend’s brother-in-law.