hockey night in canada open thread

here we go

nanyounglee
nanyounglee
February 23, 2013 5:59 pm

maybe this will help dan shulman, whose espn ratings have been a disaster since taking over from jon miller and joe morgan.

enjoying listening to gord stellick on the leafs pre/post game shows. another missed opportunity for rob gray.

Lance D.
Lance D.
February 23, 2013 11:03 pm

This is not about HNIC but rather about TSNR’s Leafs game coverage.

I just have to say again how much and how quickly Jeff O’Neill has grown on me. He gives blunt opinions on all aspects of the game and I love it. He and Jim Tatti have really developed some good chemistry and I’m finding myself looking forward to listening to them.

After criticizing TSNR on many occasions since their inception, I am pleased to see them improving and happy to give them credit when it’s due.

Thanks.

Dave in Bolton
Dave in Bolton
February 24, 2013 2:35 pm

What does everyone think about the new realignment plan that HNIC showed durring the hotstove

February 24, 2013 3:26 pm

If it’s true that the Red Wings are possibly going to be in the same division as the Leafs that would be very interesting………………that division would have 4 of the Original 6 teams (DET, TOR, BOS, MTL) and therefore they would all play each other 5 or 6 times per season

Alex
Alex
February 24, 2013 3:35 pm

I was working on a post about realignment and other weekend news when the question got raised here.

The Not Adams division would be really great if florida and tampa turned into quebec city and GTA2/Markham.

Don Mandrie
Don Mandrie
February 25, 2013 11:12 am

Hard to believe there was a time, not that long ago, that HNIC was the standard bearer for hockey coverage in this country. Now it’s left in the hands of Jim Hughson & Elliotte Friedman. Beyond them, what happened?