TSN RADIO Is It Live?

By TSM

So a couple of folks sent me the same email today. They were watching the TSN Radio simulcast of TSN radio this afternoon and Bob McKenzie was on and he was asked how many games the NHL should suspend Kaleta for his hit. McKenzie was answering the question, with only one problem. The verdict has already been given. Kaleta got 5 games for his hit on Brad Richards. To the person following at home though, they would be hearing McKenzie coming up with hypothesis after the fact. A fan of Bob’s would be thinking that he didn’t know the decision was already rendered. That’s not good.

So the question I am trying to figure out is how much of their content is pre-taped and why.

I will let you know what I find out.

Robert C.
Robert C.
March 5, 2013 12:56 am

I noticed that last week, first time I tuned in. Similar thing. News had come out on a story in the 6pm hour so I flicked it over to TSN’s simulcast. At first it came across as them being really slow then I realized it was a discussion from the 5pm hour. Weird choice to compete with Bob using tape delayed programming.

markcoale
markcoale
March 5, 2013 5:26 am

two theories about why show 5-6 at 6-7

1. cost (live v tape)

2. They want the McKenzie segment on TV every day

Chris
Chris
March 5, 2013 11:10 am

It’s been said here time and again by many people, TSN just isn’t committed to radio. Tape delaying a radio show by an hour to air on TV is embarrassing for them. Either air it live, or just don’t put it on television.

Dave in Bolton
Dave in Bolton
March 5, 2013 11:43 am

TSNR needs to hire Nelson Millman only way to get that train wreck of a radio station back on track. Somethings are good but needs avmuch improvement.

Mullah_Kintyre
Mullah_Kintyre
March 5, 2013 2:45 pm

The 6 pm hour on TSN Radio can be a pre-game show instead of Naylor on some nights, but I don’t know why TSN2 couldn’t shift things around to show the 5 pm hour of Naylor live on TV.

Nan Young Lee
Nan Young Lee
March 5, 2013 9:17 pm

Bob McKenzie out of touch? Yeah right.
Naylor’s show is usually live at 5pm on TSN2. The reason they moved it to 6pm this week is because TSN is showing the Brier, so they moved Off the Record and PTI to TSN2 from 5pm to 6pm(as Landsberg mentioned would be happening when he was on Cauz’s show on Monday).
Landsberg’s weekly appearances on the excellent Cauz show are becoming the the most entertaining of segments on either station. I hope Bob Mackowycz is ok. He was supposed to co-host 9-12 with Cauz. He last tweeted on February 21 when in one of the tweets he mentioned he was sick.

Hubert
Hubert
March 7, 2013 10:24 am

Dave Naylor is recorded 1700-1800 for air at 1800 on TSN2. The 1800 hour is very Toronto centric with pregame elements on Radio that TSN2 doesn’t want to air on a national broadcast.

My $.02