Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

by Rob G

Detroit Tigers pitcher Justin Verlander, and Dallas Cowboys QB Tony Romo hit the jackpot today with lucrative contract extentions. Here’s your drive home lineups:

On Sportsnet 590 The FAN from 4-7pm, Prime Time Sports with Bob McCown:

400 – 500 – Neil Smith, former NY Rangers GM
500 – 700 – Roundtable with McCown, John Shannon, Damien Cox, and Fox Sports Ken Rosenthal

On TSN Radio 1050 from 4-7pm, TSN Drive with Dave Naylor. co-hosts:

TBA

On TSN (5pm) & TSN2 (6:30pm), Off the Record with Michael Landsberg:

Jack Edwards, Boston Bruins Commentator
Jamie McLennan, TSN NHL Analyst
Sam Mitchell, Former Raptors Head Coach

Today on Sportsline:

Are you convinced that the Maple Leafs are a playoff team? Should the Blue Jays feel confident about the combo of Santos & Janssen as their late inning relievers? Was Celtics President Danny Ainge right to say that Lebron James’ recent comments about officiating are “embarrassing?” Join Hebsy & Bubbs, today at 5 on CHCH!

Darren Johnston (@AFRAUDHATER)
Darren Johnston (@AFRAUDHATER)
March 29, 2013 6:20 pm

Good roundtable so far, too bad Bob wouldn’t shut his yap for 5 minutes and get off his Iginla is a piece of dog shit gig that he has been trumpeting since Thursday. Again he takes his stance only because nobody else see’s it that way, must make him feel so good inside.

Sam
Sam
March 29, 2013 6:40 pm

Great stories on Hayes with Ferraro with last game of the year and guys trying to hit their targets for individual bonuses.

sam in oshawa
sam in oshawa
March 29, 2013 8:15 pm

The moron rags on Jerome but has a child mollester ET on as a regular guest. The moron tried to wangle his creep buddy into the argo gm chair but that door was slammed on him. Low bar for all of you who tune into the moron, the review segments are pathetic, shame on a woman for for such mis-guided hero worship, shame on all of you for propping this wind bag up, posters here who seem to be so intelligent but lack common sense and a conciense[sorry for the spelling} the people that work with the moron, what a bunch of arse kissing fucking dregs. Sorry for the rant but i can’t stand that ass-hole who i call the moron. I hope i am now done with this site for good…

Darren Johnston (@AFRAUDHATER)
Darren Johnston (@AFRAUDHATER)
March 29, 2013 8:32 pm

Sorry to see you go Sam if that’s the case, I agree with 100% of your post, it needed to be said and you said it very well, kudos!!

Nan Young Lee
Nan Young Lee
March 29, 2013 8:34 pm

I just listened to Bob’s podcast from Wednesday. Near the end of the 5pm hour there was a rare, plaintive Bob wondering why he was not honoured by Rogers. Apparently there was some in house function where Tim and Sid got an award but Bob was not even mentioned. At the beginning of the segment, Bob says to Shannon “…don’t go down this road John,” which means he was complaining about being snubbed to Shannon off air and was surprised John brought it up during the show.
Favourite quote from Bob: “I cash my paycheck, I come in, I go home. The rest is a complete mystery to me.” LOL.

Here is the link, the segment starts at the 36 minute mark:

Ryan
Ryan
March 29, 2013 8:47 pm

Sam’s right. Darren is right for agreeing with him.

Darren Johnston (@AFRAUDHATER)
Darren Johnston (@AFRAUDHATER)
March 29, 2013 8:56 pm

And Ryan is right for agreeing with us both!! LMAO

Another Steve
Another Steve
March 29, 2013 9:23 pm

The Motels – from the 1980s, singing a song for Sam in Oshawa:

A very simple statement
A very simple crime
A lot of grief reflecting in how we spend our time
I want to change things
I want to make a change
I’m tired of spending time agonizing yesterdays

Shame on me
Shame on you
Shame on every little thing that we do
Shame on me
Shame on you
Now’s there’s only one thing that we can do.

Another empty day
Another day comes true
A lot of selfish dreams are waiting here for you
I’ve got to have you
I’ve got no one to blame
It’s just the two of us
With nothing left to say
But..

Shame on me
Shame on you
Shame on every little thing that we do
Shame on me
Shame on you
Now there’s only one thing we can do

Shame on me
Shame on you
Shame on me
Shame on you
I’ve got to change things
I’ve got to make a change
I’m tired of spending time agonizing yesterdays

Shame on me
Shame on you

Darrell
Darrell
March 29, 2013 10:35 pm

Only caught about 20 minutes of the 5 PM hour – but it was great seeing Kenny Rosenthal on the air. Too bad John, Damien + Bobcat spent most of teh first twenty minutes talking to each other and ignoring Rosenthal.

Alex
Alex
March 30, 2013 12:01 pm

There was a point where Shannon didnt talk for seemingly 5 minutes. And i thought he may have left the room.

itchy butt
itchy butt
March 30, 2013 1:57 pm

Hey Sam, nice Buffalo Bill imitation…..

“it rubs the lotion on its skin…..”

Nan Young Lee
Nan Young Lee
March 30, 2013 5:18 pm

Did Ken Rosenthal add anything new to what we’ve heard from the local media. Just because he’s a ‘big’ name from the US doesn’t mean we have to genuflect to his pedestrian comments.

I wonder why Hayhurst lost out in the audition for working with Jerry Howarth. His games with Wilner were much better than Jack Morris’ with Howarth. Maybe Hayhurst didn’t have the chemistry with Jerry that he does with Wilner. Or did they just want a big name in the booth? I predict this will be a one and done for Morris.

I heard on 1050 Scott Ferguson will be hosting a baseball show. So it’s Wilner against Fergie.

Nan Young Lee
Nan Young Lee
March 31, 2013 1:25 pm
Nan Young Lee
Nan Young Lee
March 31, 2013 2:26 pm

in Oshawa;@Darren:
Did you think Bob was not going to go after Jerome Iginla? Sportsnet just signed a 10 year deal with the Calgary Flames to show their games on TV. On the radio side the Fan960 has the Flames’ games. Bob feels that Iginla made the Flames choose the worse deal and this hurts the Flames and therefore future ratings for Sportsnet. You don’t think Bob has mega stock options with Rogers? It’s about the bottom line with Bob. Didn’t you hear him brag to Neil Smith that he bought a “truck load” full of gold when it was a $300 an ounce (now at $1600/ounce)?

Nan Young Lee
Nan Young Lee
March 31, 2013 2:50 pm

Well if we’re posting lyrics now, I’ll just mention that today is Rangers FC fan, Angus Young’s birthday.