Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

by Rob G

Here’s your drive home lineups

On Sportsnet 590 The FAN from 4-7pm, Prime Time Sports with Bob McCown. John Shannon co-hosts from 5pm:

400 – Phones for the full hour
500 – Open segment with McCown and Shannon
520 – Warren Moon, former NFL & CFL QB
540 – Robert Horry, former NBA player
600 – Gregg Zaun, Sportsnet baseball analyst
620 – Ken Dryden, former NHL goalie
640 – Dan Marr, NHL Director of Central Scouting

On TSN Radio 1050 from 4-7pm, TSN Drive with Dave Naylor. Dave Feschuk co-hosts:

Phil Savage, Former Browns GM and Exec Dir of the Senior Bowl
Khalif Mitchell, Toronto Argos (unless he refuses to report)
Bob McKenzie
Bruce Feldman, CBS Sr College Football Columnist
Jim McKean, Fmr MLB Umpire
Lester Munson, ESPN Legal Analyst, Lance Armstrong sued today
Darren Dreger
Steve Simmons
On TSN (5pm) & TSN2 (6:30pm), Off the Record with Michael Landsberg:

Troy Brouwer and Braden Holtby, Washington Capitals
Robert Horry, 7-time NBA Champion

Today on Sportsline:

Does Manager John Gibbons have anything to do with the Blue Jays slow start? Are Toronto baseball fans at the Rogers Centre the worst behaved in the major leagues? Should Randy Carlyle reduce the ice time of the Leafs star players until the playoffs? Join Hebsy & Bubba today at 5 on CHCH.

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 9
  • comment-avatar
    Nan Young Lee 6 years ago

I know Steve Simmons works for TSN, but can’t Rogers let him attend a Jays game in peace?

• comment-avatar

Good to hear lester munson again.

Miss him on 590

• comment-avatar

Shannon is just an embarasment on PTS. Today he says to Warren Moon (paraphrasing)

Shannon: “so how do the Seahawks deal with having Tim Tebow on their roster now?”

Moon: : “when did this happen?”

Shannon ” umm…I thought the Jets let him go…and the Seahawks picked him up….I think”

Just absolutely awful

• comment-avatar

Take him out of the rink and Shannon is completely lost. It’s truly mind-boggling that he remains in his position on PTS.

• comment-avatar
    Blue Jays Devotee 6 years ago

Nothing can possibly shock me that is related to Shannon and the misinformation that he spouts on a regular basis. I read about his escapades here all the time as I just can’t listen to him, he is that bad.

The damage that he does to PTS can’t just be measured in the ratings, but in the reputation of the station itself to carry someone so out of his league in the drive slot.

It is bad enough to have Bob who never does his homework and relies on his memory (tricky at best) to recall things and has not adapted to sports with the changing times, but to pair him with Shannon just doesn’t work.

If not for TSN being so hockey-centric, and also CFL too, I just can’t listen to Naylor due to that, but at least can pick my spots, where with Cybulski I avoided it completely.

I know I can’t go back to the short time on PTS when we had Brunt and Arthur as regular co-hosts, but that time period was golden when I could safely leave it on the Fan 590 and know I would be both entertained and informed.

• comment-avatar
    Sam In Scarb 6 years ago

Simply put, anytime shannon is on pts it is just a non-listen.

• comment-avatar
    Blue Jays Devotee 6 years ago

I just followed Don Kollins on Twitter and sent him the following tweet:

@DonKollins21 Is there any way you can finally get rid of (FOB) Friend of Bob, John Shannon from PTS. You are the PD, how can you keep him?

I fully expect to be Blocked as soon as he checks his Twitter feed, as others have posted to that effect, but I couldn’t care less, at least I let him know what an abomination that Shannon is, and maybe in some small way it will make a difference.

I encourage others to do the same.

• comment-avatar
    Blue Jays Devotee 6 years ago

Before I get the inevitable block I added the following tweet:

@DonKollins21 Check out http://www.torontosportsmedia.com and see the comments and judge for yourself. #ShannonMeansChangeStation

At least I gave TSM a shout-out.

• comment-avatar
    The Londoner 6 years ago

Please add me to the list of people that absolutely cannot listen to John Shannon.