Great Moments On Prime Time Sports

By TSM

Been catching up on some podcasts this weekend and here has to be one of the best moments in PTS history. John Shannone telling Warren Moon that Tim Tebow played for the Seattle Seahawks. Absolute Gold.

Listen to the interview here It’s the april 24th 5pm podcast #8 on the list.

Alex
Alex
April 27, 2013 10:33 pm

my favorite PTS moment is probably still Arthur and Stan Kasten arguing about the role of agents in sports.

a close second may be from a few months ago when Bob and Sid were going to bet about the Canadian Soccer team.

Ami Angelwings
April 28, 2013 8:25 am

Was that the roundtable where Arthur said that the Super Nintendo came out in 1994 and was a reason why MLB started to get less popular after the strike? (He was 3 years off, the SNES came out in 1991)

Ami Angelwings
April 28, 2013 8:38 am

My favourite PTS memory was when Bob and Brunt were talking about the squirrel that briefly adopted Bob’s family.

My third favourite PTS argument was when Bob left because he felt sick after the 5pm hour of a roundtable. Mike Toth (who was already on the roundtable) took over as host, and proceeded to have a 1 hour argument with Stephen Brunt about steroid use in baseball. I’m not with Brunt on this argument, but Toth was being so terrible in his arguments, that I actually agreed with everything Brunt said in response. It was super heated. I don’t remember who the 4th member of the roundtable was because he never got a word in edge-wise and I’d never heard Brunt sound that angry. It was like Brunt’s recent scuffle with Becker about steroids in baseball times 100000000000.

My second favourite PTS argument was during the Coyotes bankruptcy proceedings when Bob and Brunt got into an argument with Doug MacLean about Balsillie’s tactics and MacLean kept accusing Bob and Brunt of supporting Balsillie, and being “anti-NHL”. He actually called them “anti-NHL guys”. Which of course set up…

My most memorable PTS argument which is of course the day it was reported that MacLean had joined Jim Balsillie, and Bob was furious since he had just had a whole month of Doug MacLean coming on his show & calling him and Brunt anti-NHL, anti-Bettman guys, and claiming Bob was biased in favor of Balsillie. And Bob and MacLean had that infamous blow up in the 6pm hour where MacLean kept calling Bob “McGown” and Bob called MacLean “Mac Clean” in response and finally Bob hung up on him and swore that “as long as I (Bob) sit in this chair”, Doug would never be allowed on again.

Which turned out to be literally true. McLean was never on PTS again while Bob was hosting, and only got unbanned when they switched studios, so technically Bob was in a different chair. xD

I feel like I’m recounting my favourite wrestling memories.

April 28, 2013 12:35 pm

must be nice to work in a consequence free environment … you can embarrass PTS as well as Rogers, drive listeners to the competition, and generally behave like a total asshole, yet still be back on the radio the next week.

i’m not sure i would call this “gold” or a “great moment”

Nan Young Lee
Nan Young Lee
April 28, 2013 12:48 pm

Whenever Bob talks of going to rock concerts, I’m reminded of Bob Hoskins and Robbie Coltrane singing backup to Rod Stewart.

Martin
Martin
April 28, 2013 1:01 pm

Not PTS but was Leafs Lunch & Bill Watters talking about The Winter Olympics and the goaltending for The Czech Team & he said if Tomas Vokun did not play well the team could put Halak in the net but the only problem was Halak is a Slovak & no one corrected Watters so he might still think Halak is a Czech…….

Bob
Bob
April 28, 2013 8:01 pm

My Golden Moment is at 6.59 PM, when Cox and Shannon leave and go and annoy someone else.

April 28, 2013 11:14 pm

Here’s another Shannon moment from this week……………on the roundtable he said “Carolina was nowhere near the top of their conference when they made the Stanley Cup FInal in 2006″……………….I guess Shannon forgot that the Hurricanes had 112 points that season and finished in 2nd place in the conference, one point behind Ottawa

My favourite PTS moment was probably when McCown hung up on the mayor of Hamilton in the mid 1990’s

Justorbs
Justorbs
April 28, 2013 11:28 pm

Memorable PTS moments?

A) When Bob was relentlessly making fun of Dave Shoalts for being late to the point where it was gross overkill (his quips lasted the whole show)
B) Bob making fun of Dave Shoalts for all his car troubles
C) Bob constantly making fun of Dave Shoalts for his ugly Hawaiian shirts

No wonder Shoalts is never on there anymore.

lister
lister
April 29, 2013 10:32 am

The other Shoalts frequent comment is asking if he’s been fixing his roof. Shoalts mentioned that once years ago and it still keeps being brought up.

I don’t mind Shoalts as long as it’s a fairly heavy hockey-centric show.