Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

Clive Brunskill/Getty Images

by Rob G

Great front page by the Times of London this morning of Andy Murray celebrating his win at Wimbledon. Here’s your drive home lineups:

On Sportsnet 590 The FAN from 4-7pm, Prime Time Sports with Bob McCown. Paul Jones co-hosts from 5pm:

400 – Tim & Sid, Sportsnet 590 The FAN
420 – Jon Paul Morosi, Fox Sports
440 – Sean Pinsonneault, Executive Vice-President & Chief Operating Officer
500 – Open segment with McCown & Jones
520 – Rob Becker, legal analyst
540 – Scott Mitchell, Hamilton Tiger Cats President
600 – Bob Ryan, Boston Globe
620 – Pat Morris, player agent
640 – Will Smith, GM/COO Trenton Thunder, Yankees Double A farm team

On TSN Radio 1050 from 4-7pm, TSN Drive with Dave Naylor. Bruce Arthur co-hosts:

TBD

On TSN (5pm) & TSN2 (6:30pm), Off the Record with Michael Landsberg:

Dave Feschuk, Steve Simmons, Bruce Arthur and Dave Naylor

Today on Sportsline:

Andy Murray has won 2 grand slams and an Olympic gold in the last year, should he be ranked #1? The Hamilton Tiger-Cats are now 0-2, are they a disaster on and off the field? Why did Dwight Howard choose to play with the Houston Rockets and should the LA Lakers be upset that he rejected them? This plus the Hebsy’s today at 5 on CHCH.

Kamlesh
Kamlesh
July 8, 2013 5:47 pm

Excellent analysis by Bill Watters here from a July 4 interview. You have to fast forward after clicking play, so it says “Bill Watters interview” in the audio box.

Alex
Alex
July 8, 2013 5:50 pm

Wow. There a co-host list that extends beyond Shannon.

Kamlesh
Kamlesh
July 8, 2013 8:05 pm

Contra Bob on the Leaf signings:

Bill Watters‏@RealBillWatters
Clarkson and Bozak,both signed intelligently.i.e.you have a good chance of getting “fair value” from both of them.TML is a better team today

Ami Angelwings
July 8, 2013 9:02 pm

Dirk may have taken the high road on Thursday, but it sounds like he’s been thinking a lot about what JP said about him on the weekend, because he was pretty ranty on Baseball Central today.

@AFRAUDHATER
@AFRAUDHATER
July 8, 2013 11:32 pm

What did Dirk say?

Nan Young Lee
Nan Young Lee
July 8, 2013 11:36 pm

Today’s PTS:

Bob got bored with the palm trees so he bought a winery.
I’m more impressed with the Jaguar. Nice.
When my older brother started listening to Bob, he was doing commercials for a burgher joint called the Fire Pit. We went there to eat once, and my brother says there was a big sandwich board with a photo of Bob at the entrance. He’s certainly come a long way.

Ami Angelwings
July 9, 2013 4:49 am

Dirk said that a lot of what J.P. said to him (when they talked face to face) didn’t make sense, that he doesn’t need to be in the clubhouse to face criticism because the players usually ignore the media anyway and that he has a job and he can’t be in the clubhouse just standing around in case some player wants to get mad at him for something he said. Also, that nobody seemed to care when Dirk defends J.P. (he cited defending J.P. against Zaun saying he was clogging up the basepaths), and that J.P. mentioning his career was making it personal (Cosentino had started saying “this isn’t a personal shot at you, it’s true” and Dirk interjected “how is it not personal?” and then went on to say that AA and Gibbons had played even less games than him, and he sounded pretty animated.)

It wasn’t like he slagged J.P. or anything, but it was still a much larger reaction and much more emotional one than what he did with Blair the morning of J.P’s rant, where he was very composed, said he didn’t take it personally, and he knew J.P. was just venting. Today was pretty much him and Cosentino just taking apart everything J.P. said.

Ami Angelwings
July 9, 2013 4:57 am

I was stuck in traffic today due to all the power going out and every intersection becoming a free for all, so I had a lot of time to listen to things. xD I mostly stuck to TSN because Arthur was on and Bob and Paul Jones is not exactly great radio (and Bob is in one of his summer moods >_> ). I enjoyed Arthur and Naylor (although, Simmons talking Jays made me wish Wilner was there because I’d love to hear Wilner’s take on some of the stuff Simmons was saying. xD ) and it’s too bad Arthur is not on all the time.

July 9, 2013 10:45 am

Welcome back to Baseball Central Sam Cosentino. This is a much better pairing in my opinion. Blair tries too hard. Sam plays it straight.

I’m PTS free for weeks now. Not missing much apparently. It’s hard to believe that not long ago PTS featured Brunt & Arthur on a regular basis. Sad to see what it has become … FOBs, Sportsnet personalities, and paid guests as far as the eye can see.

Down the dial Naylor’s show has far too much CFL for my tastes but I just skip those podcasts. They also need to understand that we don’t need to hear from Bob McKenzie every day. I understand he is the leader in his field but it’s OK to skip a day here and there.TSN should do more round-tables … a Monday and/or a Friday version of The Reporters would really fill the gap left by PTS.

Curt
Curt
July 9, 2013 12:57 pm

I think the reason Dirk sounded more animated the other day on the Arencibia thing was because the two had met that afternoon (after Dirk’s appearance on Sam and Ted) and talked, shook hands, and apparently “moved on”. Later, JP has a press conference, and again, calls out Dirk, even gesturing to him in the scrum. Considering the chat they had just had, I think Dirk was probably exacerbated that was given another cheap shot by JP. Zaun and Hayhurst never got personal with their analysis on JP, but JP definitely crossed that line a few times. When pressed by Sam the other day, I think Dirk finally said to himself, “Bullshit! This was personal. And I’m not going to be politically correct in my reaction anymore. Why should I?”

All that said, I do think Dirk is getting a little shrill lately. He probably needs a rest – hang with Bob at the vineyard.