Toronto Sports Media Morning Drive Lineups

By TSM

Here’s your drive lineup for your listening enjoyment this am:

imgres-3

On 590 with Greg Brady and Andrew Walker:

640: Pat Stapleton
720: Doug Maclean
820: Dave Andreychuk

On TSN radio with Mike Richards

7:00: TSN 2 Simulcast Begins

7:15: Pierre McGuire – NHL on NBC/TSN Hockey Analyst

7:30: Tom Wright – Director of UFC Operations in Canada – UFC 165 in Toronto

7:45: Leafs Breakfast – Darren Dreger

8:00: Bastl’s Bytes

8:15 – Alex Marvez – Fox Sports 1 Football Analyst

8:45: Mayor Rob Ford’s CFL Picks

8:50 – Jim Barker – Argos GM

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 17
  • comment-avatar
    Dave in Bolton 7 years ago

Anyone else think that Andrew Walker sounds a lot like Dan Patrick. Maybe 590 should dump Brady and move Tim and Sid to the mourning show and give Andrew Walker the lead in to McCown.The Fan could develop their own Dan Patrick show with Walker. Might take time but I See alot of potential in Andrew Walker unlike big mouth Greg Brady. If the Fan keeps Brady fine maybe move him to compete with Jim Tatti on TSN in the 7pm timeslot.

Roger 7 years ago

I guess I’m in the minority here but I like Brady. He’s funny and brings way more knowledge of sports than anyone on the dial. Yeas, he loves the sound of his own voice but in radio that’s kind of needed.

Thus far I like the combo of Brady and Walker. As for Sid & Tim, if I was 12, I would find them entertaining. I’m not so I would rather turn off my radio and listen to the sound of the road.

Dave in Bolton 7 years ago

Brady can go back to Detroit

Darrell 7 years ago

Greg Brady + Mike Wilner are two of the biggest wastes of time on the FAN. I agree on moving Tim + Sid to the morning; if you have to move Greg Brady throw him into the 7 – 11 PM hour Monday to Friday and then put Jeff Sammut + Norm Rumack on the overnight shows and GET RID OF CBS Radio and the CONSTANT NFL + NCAA football chatter.

Poker Guy 7 years ago

@Roger
    His knowledge of sport is exellent, agreed.
    It’s that he is arrogant, and smug, and crowbars those “out from left field references.” References that are not needed, and untimely.
    I use to like him when he was on 640 doing Leafs Lunch, but over time he has grated on the nerves. I can understand why others may want him off the airwaves in the AM timeslot .

Roger 7 years ago

@Darrell
    You lost all creditability when you even mentioned Rumack. He shouldn’t be anywhere near a mic.

• comment-avatar

Day two of Bob discussing 60s tennis.

Darrell 7 years ago

@ Roger – I personally don’t think Sammut or Rumack are great but I would take them in a nano-second vs. CBS overnight radio.

(Another) Andrew 7 years ago

Just put on PTS on TV for the second day in a row at 5pm. Once again Brunt doesn’t sound like he wants to join in on Bob’s non-sports talk intro segment. One and two word answers from Brunt with Bob’s meandering talk does not make for good radio. Maybe they should talk sports right from the get-go?

Darrell 7 years ago

LOL – you are right about Brunt.

• comment-avatar

Was thinking the same thing about Brunt. And Bob seems to be in one of his argumentative moods, did you hear his idiotic statements about Rasmus? Annoying TV, onto PTI.

Mike C 7 years ago

A ex Sportsnet 590 The Fan staffer got a new gig. Don Landry doing 1-4 up at Bell Media owned NewsTalk 1290 in London. Wonder if he will contribute to TSN or TSN 1050 now that he is a permanent employee of Bell.

I stopped listening when they let Jim Lang go. Why is Jeff Blair still around doing a 3 hr show ? That guy should only do baseball central and that’s it. Can they not find a better host?

Darrell 7 years ago

You mean a guy hosting his own name sake show since 2010 saying, “Welcome to the ah, Jeff Blair Show” isn’t entertaining!?!?!?”

mike (in boston) 7 years ago

Can we get rid of the line-ups already? All they do is interfere with ongoing discussion. Just have open threads if you there is nothing to blog about.

Posting this here — Robert McLeod apparently still writes for the G&M and he has an interesting article about the lack of attendance in cities whose MLB teams are still in the playoff hunt.

Other sports would kill to have baseball’s situation where every team is profitable before they even sell a ticket. But this is an unfortunate downside.

Jays fans like myself just weep at the idea that only 10,000 fans are showing up to watch the Rays or Oakland A’s. I can’t imagine not wanting to go watch such great teams in games where every out matters.

Kamlesh 7 years ago

Baseball TV ratings also going down on Fox and ESPN. I thought getting rid of Jon Miller and Joe Morgan for Dan Shulman was supposed to boost ratings.

What’s with all this praise Bettman is getting on 590? You’d think they were jettisoning whatever little integrity they have left to infuence a TV rights deal. I wonder if Bell would buy all the hockey rights then sell some to Sportsnet for Jays games.

Surprising fact from Bob’s talk wtih Doug MacLean yesterday was that the 2 looked into buying the Florida Panthers!!

Dave in bolton 7 years ago

weird that Newstalk 1290 (which is a Bell station) has Prime Time Sports from 6- 7 pm

Pudge72 7 years ago

1290 has always had PTS from 6-7 pm…the arrangement pre-dates the Rogers/Bell oligopoly by at least a decade.