Toronto Sports Media Morning Drive Lineups

By TSM

Here’s your drive lineup for your listening enjoyment this am:

On 590 with Greg Brady and Andrew Walker:

720: Eric Francis
740: Butch Carter
749 Dr. Robert Gordon
820: Pinball Clemons #Argos

On TSN radio with Mike Richards

6:00: The Night on Ice

7:00: TSN 2 Simulcast Begins – Mark Howe In-Studio – Hockey Hall of Famer – Author “Gordie Howe’s Son”

7:15: Mark Howe In-Studio

7:30: Pierre McGuire – NHL on NBC/TSN Hockey Analyst

7:45: Leafs Breakfast w/Darren Dreger and Steve Simmons

8:00: Jay Greenberg (In-Studio) – Veteran hockey writer Jay Greenberg this year’s recipient of the Elmer Ferguson Award for excellence in hockey journalism

8:15 – Jesse Palmer – TSN Football Analyst

8:30: Phil Cook (In-Studio) – Brand Director at Nike Canada

8:45: James Duthie – NHL on TSN (TieLine)

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 13
  • comment-avatar
    Poker Guy 8 years ago

OnTSNR on television this morning, a bit of a change up. They had Mark Howe in studio. Nice to see him sit in, as opposed to that giggling idiot Sean Lavigne.

Sam in Scarb 8 years ago

@ POKER GUY

So true that giggling idiot Sean Lavigne will be the downfall of Mike Richards,and that is too bad because Mike Richards does have a place in Toronto radio.
    Just not with that absolutely useless laugh machine.

I swear that Lavigne would laugh at a mass murder of kindergarten children if Richards reported it !!

Dave in Bolton 8 years ago

I been say for a while TSNR should move Mike Richards to late nights and let him lose. They should hire Lang along with Hogan as the new morning team

Nan Young Lee 8 years ago

TSN going all in for Andrew Wiggins. 1050 airing game on radio for those without TSN2:

And Damien Cox is also covering the game. Cox???

Doug Smith thinks Gay and DeRozan better than Wiggins at same age. OK that was a cheap shot.

Darrell 8 years ago

@DaveinBolton – I like part of your suggestion of moving Mike Richards to late night; but not sold on a tandem of Jim Lang + Mike Hogan?

Roger 8 years ago

I want Jim Lang back too but the only reason he isn’t on the Brady & Lang show is because he couldn’t handle the lifestyle associated with getting up at 330 AM every day. I think he will be back, where? Don’t know.

Darrell 8 years ago

Geeze Louise – the FAN keeps changing all the time… I noticed that they have apparently ditched the updates every 20 minutes angle, both last night + today.

STOP making changes Kollins! Regier + Rolston might be fired from the Sabres today, but if I could click my shoes 3 times you would be fired too Don Kollins.

daver 8 years ago

Darrell… something bugging you? What other massive changes have they made that has your panties in such a bunch?

• comment-avatar

Anytime McCown has Brian Cooper on the show is better for it. I find he has strong opinions that he sticks with and they more times than not are not shared with the host. Also very informative in allot of different areas.

Darrell 8 years ago

It’s nothing specific but Don Kollins is making changes almost daily and making silly moves as well. Granted I know that the lack of updates from their 20/20 sports updates staple, is trivial but I noticed it late last night and by my account you have to wait an entire hour for an update on the sports games and events of the day.

Just like Humpty Dumpty Rob Ford, I just wish Don Kollins would blow away!

daver 8 years ago

lol what was the last daily change? and are people really waiting 20 minutes for scores still? doesn’t everyone have an app on their phone for when they need scores ASAP?

Mike C 8 years ago

I don’t mind Sportsnet 590 The Fan dropping the 20/20 update format. I wonder if that factored the poor decision to let Veteran 590 Anchor Barb DiGiulio go?

@DaveinBolton I like your idea of moving Mike Richards to late night/evenings at TSN 1050 Toronto. Jim Lang joining with Mike Hogan not bad idea. Or what about Steve Kouleas co hosting with Lang that would wake up everybody lol.

Anyone see Off The Record with Michael Landsberg on TSN last night. Back from the abyss Former Toronto Sun Hockey Columnist & Former Hockey Night In Canada Commentator Al Strachan was a guest?!

Darrell 8 years ago

I understand what you are saying about the 20/20 update DaveR; but Kollins is changing personnel almost daily (most recent ones being firing Jim Lang + Barb Digulio + putting George Rusic with Jeff Sammut on Sammut’s show).

I am fine, to some extent with Kollins being open to making changes. However he is constantly doing it and listeners have little chance to form an honest assessment of a show. The ones he fires, should remain and the ones that stink on the dial should’ve been gone long ago (Jeff Blair, Greg Brady to name a few).