Toronto Sports Media Sports Radio Lineups

by Rob G

Here’s your drive home lineups

On Sportsnet 590 The FAN from 4-7pm, Prime Time Sports with Bob McCown. Stephen Brunt co-hosts from 5pm:

400 – 500 – Phones
500 – 600 – Gregg Zaun, Sportsnet baseball analyst; Matt Duchene, Colorado Avalanche
600 – 700 – Bob Ryan, Boston Globe; Don Banks, SI.com

On TSN Radio 1050 from 4-7pm, TSN Drive with Dave Naylor. co-hosts:

Brian Williams IN STUDIO
Cyd Ziegler, OutSports.com
Steve Simmons, Toronto Sun
Bob McKenzie, TSN hockey insider
Darren Dreger, TSN hockey insider

On TSN (5pm) & TSN2 (6:30pm), Off the Record with Michael Landsberg:

n/a

Today on Sportsline:

n/a

Nan Young Lee
Nan Young Lee
February 25, 2014 7:39 pm

That was a terrific interview, on Ali/Liston, with Jerry Izenberg by Bob and Brunt at 6pm(Tuesday). Izenberg’s a great storyteller. One of the best segments on either station in a long while.

Ami Angelwings
February 26, 2014 5:43 am

Just when I had started to become disenchanted with Brunt as a feature writer for Sportsnet, he writes one of the best things I’ve ever read lately: http://www.sportsnet.ca/more/remembering-my-day-with-muhammad-ali/

Antonio
Antonio
February 26, 2014 8:46 am

@Ami
Too bad he’s told that exact story several times before on the Fan.

Raptors Devotee
February 26, 2014 9:39 am

I caught it as well, and riveting stuff. Izenberg is so different than Bert Sugar, storytelling without the bluster and embellishments. Don’t get me wrong, Sugar was fun to listen to, just never sure what really went down and what didn’t with him.

Neal
Neal
February 26, 2014 4:14 pm

Is Joe Siddall becoming Jerry’s new partner on radio broadcasts? I understand the Jeff Nelson is being considered to…he is excellent. I hear him all the time on MLB Network radio.

Ami Angelwings
February 26, 2014 4:57 pm

Why is that too bad though? He’s just putting all the thoughts he’s expressed and thought out on air on paper, and wrote it brilliantly. Just because we know that he’s thought about this stuff before he wrote it doesn’t take away from the piece to me. It’s still his original thoughts and writing.

Alex
Alex
February 26, 2014 5:56 pm

Good thing this anniversary came during a Brunt week, and not Cox or Shannon.

Robert
Robert
February 26, 2014 7:41 pm

It wasn’t an accident. All the shows are pushing the special edition of Sportsnet magazine. Blair had Gare Joyce talking about it this morning.

Antonio
Antonio
February 27, 2014 8:59 am

@Ami
What I meant by “too bad” is that I had already heard it several times on the radio this, there would be no need to read the article in a magazine. That’s all.