More Changes At Rogers Sportsnet

By TSM

Typing from my iphone from the dome so excuse the typos!!!

I’m told that Don Taylor & Craig MacEwen both are no longer with Rogers Sportsnet. Lots of changes to the Rogers team especially out west amidst rumours the entire west coast sports “news” dept could shuttered as part of larger budget cuts. Stay tuned I guess

WouldStaley93
WouldStaley93
August 5, 2014 9:36 pm

Any rumblings on the future of James Cybulski and Caroline Cameron ? They are part of the Sportsnet West team. Same with John Garrett Garry Valk and Dan Murphy.

Wonder if any other Toronto based personalities for Sportsnet or Sportsnet 590 The Fan may be on the chopping block ?

Nan Young Lee
Nan Young Lee
August 5, 2014 11:23 pm

Jays should paint those seats a different colour. That shade of blue is too institutional looking. There’s a deadening quality about it. The difference between a stadium and a park is that in the latter you still feel comfortable (and even aesthetically pleased at the better ones) when it’s half full.

Does any media member (not involved with the broadcasts) live and die with a TO team as much as Walker seems to with the Jays? Sometimes when the Jays lose a close game you can feel the pain in his tweets. With Brady it’s the Tigers. I remember once when Verlander lost a no hit bid in the 9th, Brady tried to laugh it off in a tweet but you could tell he was hurting. Better some of this than the media types who pretend to be above it all or only use games as fodder for their ‘non-sports’ sports shows.

Still no colour guys announced to pair with Jim Hughson, Dave Randorf, Paul Romanuk and Bob Cole?

This headline probably drove ratings through the roof:

Well at least it was honest.

Norm
Norm
August 6, 2014 9:07 am

I think you meant “shuttered” but “shuddered” might be more appropriate from the standpoint of the employees.

Chris
Chris
August 6, 2014 10:12 am

In terms of colour guys, I have heard that Mike Johnson is moving to Rogers.

August 6, 2014 11:27 am

My father lives in Vancouver and he says that Don Taylor confirmed this news on the radio yesterday…………apparently his last day at Sportsnet will be this Friday……….but he will continue to be co-host of the afternoon drive radio show with Barry MacDonald on TEAM 1040 in Vancouver

Sam in Scarb
Sam in Scarb
August 6, 2014 11:28 am

Normally I don’t get any pleasure from someone losing their job.Don Taylor was always a Dick and still is.Actually sportsnet could fleece themselves of a few more Dick’s before September when it becomes Hockey,Hockey,Hockey

Susann
Susann
August 6, 2014 8:21 pm

Just terrible news for west coasters to learn that the purge by Rogers includes the illustrious Don Taylor. His contributions to sports from a west coast point of view ever since his earlier days with the truly innovative Sports Page, have been comfort food of a sort for most real sporting men…and we little ladies too.

We love Donny and it is crap that Rogers flailingly calls it budget cuts after blowing 5 Billion big ones to monopolize sports ……”on all our bloody devices”. Cripes we disliked the CBC sinkhole bigtime but this puts to truth that one should be careful what we wish for.
Rogers centralizing operations in downtown Toronto …..again. WTF!

Drumanchor
Drumanchor
August 7, 2014 12:12 am

After years behind the kit, I’ll acknowledge that I just don’t have the ears he used to have. That being said, did I hear Sid Seixeiro describe Eugenie Bouchard’s loss at the Roger’s Cup as, “yesterday’s fuck up”?

Happened about 1:30pm on Wednesday’s show.

There is NO way I heard that, is there?

Jacob
Jacob
August 7, 2014 9:05 am

Watching Taylor do the highlights on Connected is kind of depressing. I couldn’t imagine being in his position.

(Another) Andrew
(Another) Andrew
August 7, 2014 12:35 pm

Happened about 1:30pm on Wednesday’s show.

I only listened to the segment that’s up at Cox’s Sportsnet page where they discuss Bouchard for about 12 minutes. i didn’t hear anything untoward but then they would’ve edited something like that.

Here it is: Link

Steve Clark
August 7, 2014 2:56 pm

In the aftermath of the Don Taylor dismissal, Al Strachan had some pretty harsh things to say about Scott Moore on Twitter. I never know how to take Strachan though…

Ben
Ben
August 7, 2014 3:18 pm

Man, 3 posts in a week? Nice to see, keep it up, getting back to 2010 territory…..

Sam in Scarb
Sam in Scarb
August 7, 2014 5:26 pm

Just filliped on and off just as quick from pts.Got a Cold disturbing Chill. Seen bobcat & butch carter.
Then another ICE cold chill thinking of a Friday round-table of bobcat,butch carter,gord kirke & michael grange.
OOOO the shakes…..

Ken B
Ken B
August 7, 2014 10:27 pm

Definition of a Fish Out Of Water: Cox attempting to be Sportsnet’s resident authority on tennis. As lame as it gets.

Antonio
Antonio
August 8, 2014 8:36 am

Strachan’s tweets about Moore are spot on.

Reggie
Reggie
August 8, 2014 4:53 pm

Caroline Cameron is terrible. Firing her would be a good move. She is so uncomfortable the broadcast is unwatchable

Wayne S
Wayne S
August 18, 2014 3:00 am

If this is true, Rodgers Sportsnet will truly miss a these two great sports broadcasters.
I grew-up watching CKVU Sports page with Don and Craig before they moved onto Sportsnet and they both are amazing and very talented in their craft.
Don was a true entertainer and had a gift with words and creating exciting sports highlights as an anchor.
Craig had incredible insight and was probably the best Soccer commentator in Canada.
I will truly miss watching and listening to these exceptional broadcasting legends!

Doug
Doug
August 18, 2014 3:22 pm

Caroline Cameron’s voice drives me nuts. She has a whiny sound and a very mediocre delivery.

Eric v
Eric v
September 2, 2014 7:25 am

Please fire Caroline Cameron rogers!!. I cannot Stand her lack of knowledge, whiney snobby voice and her mediocre presentation.

I don’t watch connected every morning because I can’t stand her broadcasting morning sports with her stupid jokes and overall lame efforts to cover highlights.

Mike W
Mike W
October 9, 2015 1:59 pm

I agree with most of you about Caroline Cameron. I can’t watch her, she drives me nuts! Terrible.

Absolutely can’t stand Sid Seixero either. He’s immature and EXTREMELY annoying.

Most of the best on-air personalities that I like are at TSN such Natasha Staniszewsky, James Duthie, Kate Bierness, Jeff O’Neill etc.

Not sure who’s in charge of hiring at Sportsnet but they aren’t very good at it.

Bev Carter
Bev Carter
February 18, 2016 9:09 am

I like to watch Sportsnet in the mornings but listening to Caroline Cameron screeching and yowling
in the A.M. gets on my nerves.

T Allan
March 15, 2016 10:56 am

I am totally missing Caroline and C-ball…what’s going on? It’s part of my morning routine? I noticed that the little insignia on top of the sportsnet central was a NBC – what gives? Also, the majority of my morning highlights now consist of b-ball (a more American perspective) which is fine coming into March Madness but come on we got a lot more happening in sports than that!

david miller
david miller
April 1, 2016 8:32 am

Caroline Cameron I can do without, her very amateur sports delivery was embarrassing, but Cybulski was good.