Has Brendan Shanahan Made More Maple Leafs Changes?

By TSM

Word on the street is that Brendan Shanahan may have made at least one more move on the executive side of things at MLSE as I’m told that Pat Park, the long time PR lead, has been reassigned from the Leafs role he has held for years over to the World Junior tournament. I’m trying to get details but that’s the word as I’m hearing it right now.

Also, Leah Hextall is apparently leaving NESN and coming back north for a gig with Rogers Sportsnet.

Happy Thursday!!

Added in- Steve Simmons commented on this on yesterday afternoon’s drive home show on TSN1050

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 12
  • comment-avatar
    Lee (Oakville) 4 years ago

Good move. All along I thought the Leafs needed a strong second-line centre or a shut-down defenceman when in fact it was their PR department that needed shoring up.

WouldStaley93 4 years ago

Bolstering the host roster at Sportsnet is always a plus. Wonder if Leah Hextall left NESN to join Rogers as a host of Connected or as a rink side reporter for NHL on Rogers.

Also now that both Steve Armitage and Mark Lee are free agents any chance Bell or Rogers scoop them up?

Also is Bill Hayes now a permanent host at TSN 1050? Because I know he was freelancing at both TSN 1050 and sister station NewsTalk 1010 before.

• comment-avatar

“NESN’s support has allowed me to accept my dream job in Canada.”

Is she subtly referencing John Farrell, who left Toronto to take his “dream job” in Boston?

@WouldStaley93

It’s not permanent. Naylor is just on vacation as with Bryan Hayes. It’s the summer, sports will be a little slow.

• comment-avatar

Another case of change just for the sake of change, unfortunately long-time employees get caught. Tough job trying to put a positive spin on a money-grabbing, poorly run organization with no sense of direction and losing hockey team .

Jonathan Giggs 4 years ago

@Lee (Oakville)

The Zamboni driver might want to look over his shoulder!

chris 4 years ago

Lol typical MLSE.They’re shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic.

No matter who owns this team, it’ll never change.

• comment-avatar

New asst coaches, new PR guy, 14 year old AGM, Nonis seems to be on permanent vacation: SAME BS.

I think by 2021 the Leafs could have a chance at making it to a Conference final and losing. MLSE continues its trek on the long road to the middle. Who will be the next Leafs President after Lieweke quits next summer?

Nan Young Lee 4 years ago

Another round of Steve Simmons vs Analytics Guys:

“steve simmons @simmonssteve · 6h
    I like the hiring of Darryl Metcalf. I dislike the hiring of Cam Charron, who from my experiences is a weasel who can’t be trusted.”

“steve simmons @simmonssteve · 6h
    Cam Charron and I exchanged private emails last season. He posted them online. You can think what you want. To me, that’s a weasel.”

“steve simmons @simmonssteve · 6h
    When you find your name in my column @mirtle call me. Until then, go back to tweeting answers to questions you don’t have the balls to ask.”

Nan Young Lee,

James Mirtle had the perfect response to Steve Simmons.

“I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.”

George Bernard Shaw

• comment-avatar

Shanahan paid a website to shut down. This will make up for not acquiring a first line centre. Cup here we come.

Allan Anderson 4 years ago

26 years of loyal service. Trying to make a gourmet meal out of 2nd hand ingrediants is not an easy job.

Did Shanahan ever come out of his office? What is the problem…Park couldn’t BS the public well enough anymore?
    I hope he received some sort of reward for service above and beyond the call of duty.
    Thanks to him, people actually believe that Phaneuf is a real spokesman for the Leafs rather than the skip out the back door style he prefers.