Monday Morning Quarterback

BY TSM

So, it’s the first Monday morning of the NFL season and I was flipping between TSN Radio, Fan 590 and ESPN Radio and I was curious, when it comes to your NFL Monday morning quaterbacking coverage, do you prefer the local guys or those from south of the border???

Alex
Alex
September 8, 2014 1:02 pm

None.

Dan
Dan
September 8, 2014 2:16 pm

I don’t listen to morning radio, but if I did, I’d prefer to hear from someone who covers the NFL year-round, which pretty much rules out anyone in Canada.

Ken
Ken
September 8, 2014 3:43 pm

I agree with Dan, I do not get my NFL information from Canadian radio.

Sam in Scarb
Sam in Scarb
September 8, 2014 5:04 pm

ANYTHING out of the U.S. on Monday morning is better than the 2 Canadian choices.
Even if it is broadcast from a garage and the announcer is still drunk the NFL news is soo superior.

Sean
Sean
September 8, 2014 7:39 pm

Podcasts.
Around the nfl and the Dave damshek podcasts are both on iTunes. My two go to

September 8, 2014 10:14 pm

The Dan Patrick Show

Darrell
Darrell
September 9, 2014 5:45 pm

Anywhere but the FAN with Greg Brady + Andrew Walker and their Canada’s Wonderland music they play in the background.

Chef Mike in Burlington
September 9, 2014 7:00 pm

I joined ESPN as an Insider years ago, and it is the best money ever spent if you like the NFL and want the best coverage. The Mike and Mike Morning show is broken out by each hour if you want the whole show commercial free or a 1 hour long “best of” podcast. Either that one or the “The Herd” podcast are, at least to my tastes, far superior to any local coverage in Toronto.

Petti
Petti
September 10, 2014 10:34 am

NFL Radio Sirius XM 88, can’t go wrong, I don’t move the dial till after the regular season. I can’t stand the hockey overload on the FAN.

Kamlesh
Kamlesh
September 10, 2014 12:51 pm

Let the Americans rule the NFL talk with its 11 minutes of action spread over 3 hours plus.

Waiting for hockey, even though Rogers might ruin that.

Nice going Edward Rogers. Perhaps he was too busy helping Apple design their new phones and watches.

Kamlesh
Kamlesh
September 10, 2014 12:53 pm
Kamlesh
Kamlesh
September 10, 2014 4:27 pm

Nice Bruce Arthur column on the Bills sale.

“It was an embarrassment from the opening press conference, when the late Ted Rogers and the late Ralph Wilson sat next to one another and did their Statler and Waldorf routine…”

“But cheering for the Bills is an emotional thing, and keeping them is, too. Callers phoned in to the sports radio station, WGR550, with those blunt clipped local accents that make you imagine a man with a frozen moustache. They thanked Terry Pegula and his wife, Kim. They called it the best day in Buffalo sports history. A lot of them talked about their fathers. Some wept.”

Mullah_Kintyre
Mullah_Kintyre
September 11, 2014 9:39 am

By Monday morning I’ve already had all I want of the NFL. I use picture-in-picture on Sunday night to be switching between NBC and the NFL Network.

Near the end of yesterday’s show McCown brought up that David Braley appears to be losing interest in continuing to own the Argos with no buyer in sight, and may be about to “throw the keys on the table” for the CFL to take over the team again. If this happens, it will be fascinating to see if the rest of CFL thinks it worth their cash to keep the team going when it’s not only still perpetually losing money, but also has to find some way to come up with at least $20 million to pay to make BMO Field fit the CFL or find some other place for them after their pending eviction from Rogers Centre.

Kamlesh
Kamlesh
September 11, 2014 12:44 pm

Jon Stewart Goes After NFL over Ray Rice.

Kamlesh
Kamlesh
September 11, 2014 12:49 pm

What Roger Goodell needs. Well guns anyway.

Antonio
Antonio
September 12, 2014 9:42 am

@Kamlesh
God I hate Stewart. Let me guess, did yell several times, use the F-word often and then after a clip, the camera caught him making a cute, funny face??? He’s a mindless sheep.