Are Changes Coming To Toronto Sports Radio Scene?

By TSM

I’ve been hearing rumours for about a week now about major changes at Rogers Sportsnet the Fan 590.

While unconfirmed here is what’s some of what has been circulating – again, all rumour right now:

A big change to the morning show that could see Dean Blundell playing a major role.
Tim and Sid moving over to the TV side of Rogers Sportnet.

Who fills that day time slot???? I am not sure, I would imagine that Blundell on the am show moves one of either Brady or Walker out and that person goes to the pre-McCown slot.

All conjecture right now, but it’s VERY loud out there right now….

These are my guesses and guesses only.

Stay tuned. Calls to Don Kollins at the fan haven’t been returned as of yet.

updated possibility:

Tim and Sid to TV
Brady and Walker to Tim and Sid slot
Blundell in the morning…

Again, pure conjecture…

Darrell
Darrell
January 20, 2015 10:09 am

I like Andrew Walker; could do without Greg Brady’s constant Detroit sports stories. I really like Tim + Sid. I hope they remain on the FAN. I would like the FAN to move Tim + Sid to the morning show, cut Greg Brady + Jeff Blair and move Andrew Walker into the Tim + Sid slot right now.

I could not imagine it being anything Bobcat McCown related. I still hold out hope that they cut CBS overnight and go 24/7 on local Toronto sports.

Lee (Oakville)
Lee (Oakville)
January 20, 2015 10:19 am

Interesting story. Would be interesting to have the ratings to see if they are the driving factor or if other issues are at play.

Babaganoosh13
Babaganoosh13
January 20, 2015 10:37 am

As far as CBS overnight is concerned: Personally, I’m a big fan of Scotty Ferrall & I wish they would make more of an effort to play his entire show. After I cancelled my satellite subscription, I was ecstatic when I heard him back on terrestrial. Shake it up.

Brady & Walker are great together. I’d hate to see them split up. I love coming home from work to them.

Brent
Brent
January 20, 2015 10:47 am

Please tell me that douche Brady is gone. I doubt that’ll happen, but…a guy can dream, right?

Not a Blundell fan (based on his previous life), but have to admit when he’s not *trying* to be “hilarious”, he’s not unbearable.

I don’t see why they would go from a younger demographic (Tim & Sid) in the afternoon to a more hardcore sports show around Walker. I have a feeling they’d get rid of both guys or keep Brady. Walker? Meh. Not so much.

Matt
Matt
January 20, 2015 10:53 am

The way McCown incinerated Rogers (i.e. Ed Rogers) on the Friday roundtable over Paul Beeston, I’m surprised Pelley wasn’t ordered to cut his mic during the show. Thought of that as soon as I saw the headline. It was remarkable how McCown spoke so brazenly about his corporate overlords. Lucky for McCown he was 100% right about everything he said: Rogers management has shown itself to be incompetent and an embarrassment to the country.

dogpounder
dogpounder
January 20, 2015 11:03 am

Blundell. Stopped listening in my teens. Horrible.

Also horrible: Taggart on 1050.

jonah
jonah
January 20, 2015 11:08 am

Blundell is awful, fan590 would be stupid to hire him. He was brutal filling in for Jeff Blair on there in the summer.

Not that Chris
Not that Chris
January 20, 2015 11:30 am

I wonder if the latest ratings book has anything to do with this. Shannon not being a part of roundtables on PTS would be a definite improvement.

Brent
Brent
January 20, 2015 11:50 am

Shannon has some insight every once in a while, but he sounds like he’s a skipping black and white recording wearing a garish polka dot shirt, suspenders and a bowtie. “I really do, Bob. I really do. I really, really do, Bob.” Must. Go.

Andrew
Andrew
January 20, 2015 12:23 pm

Judging from the response here and on Twitter, it appears Rogers has done their usual outstanding job of taking the temperature of the room. Is there a more hated company in Canada?

Steph
Steph
January 20, 2015 2:23 pm

The Star is reporting this now as well. Did we not learn from the Krystal experiment? Toronto sports fans are a little more sophisticated than poopoo caca jokes at 630am… I may be in the minority but I think Tim and Sid are a perfect fit for the afternoon slot and I will miss their show… unless this means that PTS is about to have a huge change, which would be a very, very, very welcome.

Sean
Sean
January 20, 2015 10:01 pm

Is it just me, or does this sound like a demotion for Brady and Walker?
I thought i heard somewhere, the only money shows are morning and drive home.