Is This The New Sportsnet Fan 590 Lineup?

Is This The New Sportsnet Fan 590 Lineup?

by TSM

ok, this sounds like the new Sportsnet Fan590 lineup:

Mornings: Dean Blundell & Andrew Walker
9-12: Jeff Blair
12-1: Hockey/Baseball Central
1-4: Greg Brady
4-7 PTS

Tim and Sid go back to TV.

Again, this is the best information I have right now…

Here is Rogers release:

“Sportsnet Bolsters TV and Radio Lineup

– Tim & Sid Moving to TV; New Morning Show, Dean Blundell & Co., to Debut on Sportsnet 590 The FAN –

TORONTO (January 20, 2015) Sportsnet today announced exciting additions to its radio and TV lineups beginning this spring, as Tim Micallef and Sid Seixeiro –co-hosts of the immensely popular sports-talk radio show Tim & Sid – will be moving to television, while the new radio morning show Dean Blundell & Co. will be debuting on Sportsnet 590 The FAN.

Tim & Sid’s move to television will be headlined by a new show, airing weekdays from 5 to 7 p.m. ET on Sportsnet, starting July 1. Details of the new show will be announced in the coming months. The duo, whose last radio show airs March 27, will make special appearances on other Sportsnet programming throughout the spring.

“Tim & Sid are tremendous stars – they’ve revolutionized sports talk radio with their innovative format and infectious personalities,” said Scott Moore, President, Sportsnet & NHL Properties, Rogers. “This is the natural next step for them, and it increases our television offering by creating a new type of late afternoon sports program. I can’t wait to see what they do.”

On the radio side, Dean Blundell joins Sportsnet 590 The FAN to co-host the new morning show, Dean Blundell & Co., alongside Andrew Walker. Dean Blundell & Co. debuts on March 2, and will air weekdays from 5:30 to 9 a.m. ET. Greg Brady, co-host of the current morning show Brady & Walker, will take over the 1 to 4 p.m. ET timeslot previously hosted by Tim & Sid, starting March 30.

“Sportsnet 590 The FAN is the number one sports radio station in Toronto,” said Moore. “With the addition of a big talent in Dean Blundell to host our morning show, a ratings winner in Greg Brady taking over early afternoons, all capped off in the evenings with Prime Time Sports with Bob McCown – the top sports radio show in the country – we’re well positioned to continue to dominate in this market.” Starting this spring, the new weekday lineup for Sportsnet 590 The FAN is as follows: 5:30 – 9 a.m. ET – Dean Blundell & Co. 9 a.m. – Noon ET – The Jeff Blair Show Noon – 1 p.m. ET – Hockey Central @ Noon 1 – 4 p.m. ET – Greg Brady 4 – 7 p.m. ET – Prime Time Sports with Bob McCown”

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 68
  • comment-avatar
    Steve 4 years ago

What the heck is Don Kollins thinking? This sounds like the Andrew Krystal experiment, and we know how that went. Didn’t the FAN morning show have the highest ratings ever just last spring?

Sorry FAN 590 – I’m out.

Darrell 4 years ago

In the words of Nick Kypreos, “BRUTAL!” I guess I am done listening to the FAN 590 permanently now. This lineup sucks! Brady has already had that 1-4 slot when he came to the FAN and flopped! Blundell is back on the air? Blair is still there when he still cannot remember his name and that he is hosting his name sakes show.

I am sorry but holy crap this lineup is BAD!!!! No Tim + Sid? They were the best thing on their programming schedule.

I guess this is what we get until the next change 6 months from now

• comment-avatar

Brady moving from morning drive to mid-day, would seem to be a demotion. Also, moving T&S, who in my opinion have the best show on the channel, off the radio completely, seems completely asinine.

Binford 4 years ago

Sounds more like Tim and Sid got promoted to TV and now the the Fan has to make these changes.

Sam in Scarb 4 years ago

If true how BBbblllaaair still has a job is simply mind numbing!!!

Steve Jones 4 years ago

Well not exactly groundbreaking. I listen to no mining shows so not interested in any change there. I assume they want Blundell to bring in that edgy young demo. Isn’t that what TSN has been targeting? Seems like they will just alienate the core sports fan. Brady on his own seems like a disaster waiting to happen. He needs a foil or he’s a train wreck. Tim and Sid back to TV. Why? Seems like extra overhead for little audience. Isn’t that why they do simulcasts?

Sperk 4 years ago

I’ve never heard Brundell before so now opinion but I have to admit that line-up lacks punch

• comment-avatar

They made no changes to the shows to which i listen and get rid of T&S as potential PTS co-hosts? Win, win.

Justin 4 years ago

What a terrible move by Kollins. Brady and Walker in my opinion was the best show on Toronto sports radio. Was skeptical when they got rid of Jim Lang but Walker and Brady have turned out to have amazing chemistry. They’re going to break that up for…Dean Blundell!?!? Dumb, fake, and grotesque Blundell? I HATED That 102.1 morning show. What a shame. Never thought I’d switch over to boring Mike Richards but that’s a distinct possibility now. Tim & Sid were also very popular and now they’re gone from radio. Wonderful. Kollins is a genius! Let’s not forget how down the drain PTS has gone lately with all the FOBs and Bob himself clearly mailing it in and putting in no effort. At least the FAN 590 has local sports overnight shows! Oh wait! Kollins got rid of that too!!!!

RIP 590

Anthony 4 years ago

Is it just me, or is T&S really over the top with the gimmick sounds and fake outrage. Every time Sid gets ‘worked up’ it screams ‘get attention and listen to me rage’. I don’t know, I though we where past that in radio. Ill take an intelligent and articulate radio host with genuine views versus someone who makes things up to get a reaction and attention, but that’s me.

Wow! Shocked.

I actually liked Brady’s old afternoon show, so I don’t mind the idea of him having his own show again in a normal format. The morning show was so rushed from topic to topic it was a bit hard to listen to.

But I thought Tim and Sid had kind of become the new stars of the station. The ratings were great too I believe. Really surprised they’re gone.

Maybe the TV job is essentially a promotion for them. Maybe they become the new faces of Connected and Sportsnet hopes for their own Jay and Dan kind of thing. Would be nice if they were still on The Fan in some capacity. Or bring back the podcast.

I don’t really listen to either morning show (usually I go CBC or podcasts) so I don’t really care too much about the Blundell thing. We’ve seen sports stations hire hugely popular rock guys before in an attempt to attract more and different listeners with success. No idea how that’ll turn out.

MattK 4 years ago

Didn’t Brady prefer the afternoon, but moved to the morning to help 590 out after the Krystal experiment? Blundell ugh, maybe sportsnet need Tim and Sid to help out the TV side of things.

mario 4 years ago

Wow…changes are sure needed this is a major over haul..just cannot see Blundell in any part of any lineup, Brady flying solo? don’t think that’s going to work either . Maybe split Tim and Sid with either Brady or McCown

• comment-avatar

Sid said Brady will have a cohost.

5pm to 7pm, come on really

• comment-avatar

Am I missing something or is T&S now on at the same time as PTS (at least on tv)? That seems strange.

• comment-avatar

Sid also said Tim and Sid will be on Sportsnet from 5-7. Huh!

Dogpounder 4 years ago

I liked Brady from 1-4, and remember him saying he liked it too, and didn’t really like the idea of working the mornings. He’s probably not thinking it’s a demotion but I don’t read minds.

Mike Richards and Bastl benefit the most from this. No question.

Doug in Kitchener 4 years ago

Will PTS still be simulcast? It seems like they are putting T&S (on tv) up against PTS (on radio/simulcast (???). Why would you have your (arguably) top 2 shows up against one another?

Jerry 4 years ago

Glad to see T and S gone form the radio airwaves. Now to get rid of Bobcat…errrr FatCat McCown who’s been on cruise control for far too long!

• comment-avatar

Brady and Walker are horrible. The morning show is garbage. I find myself constantly correcting them on air. They routinely get sports facts wrong. Tim and Sid moving to TV to essentially compete against Bob McCown is beyond f@#$ing dumb. The Fan is taking a meat cleaver to their lineup.

MattK 4 years ago

It makes sense for Tim and Sid, and also lets Brady show off his knowledge more. Don’t listen to the morning show so it makes no difference to me, but I don’t like Blundell getting work rather have it be someone who deserves it.

• comment-avatar

Why are people blaming Don Kollins? These changes come from way way above his pay grade.

• comment-avatar

I have stopped listening to the fan590 for quite a while now. I only tuned in for Tim and Sid. Good for TSN radio. Had a feeling shake up was happening when Bob McCown unleashed on rogers last Friday with Rogers handling of Paul Beeston. Rogers sucks. Sorry. I can’t stand their programming. It’s whinny. Guys like John Shannon are regular hosts who know nothing about sports, especially hockey. Their suits. TSN radio is good sports talk radio. Simple and to the point.

mario 4 years ago

Wow.. With Tim/Sid moving from 5-7pm on TV SN 360 I would think PTS will now be on radio only? Is this started the progression on Bobcats future in one day taking over..?

• comment-avatar

Tim & Sid should have moved to the morning slot – been championing them for a long time now for that spot. Mike Richards (who is also awesome) will now go from strength to strength with this competition. I’m sure Bobcat will not be too impressed.

• comment-avatar

I think you’re on to something, Mario.

MarkC 4 years ago

Todd Shapiro from Sirious XM did very well on TSN1050 over the Christmas Holidays. I wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up there knowing Blundell Listeners would divide. Bell VS Rogers.

Pudge72 4 years ago

I have absolutely no interest in listening to that homophobic cretin, Blundell. Why is this guy being given yet another (high profile) platform to spout his crap? What did Andrew Walker do in a past life to deserve being paired with this travesty of a human being?

Putting T&S on TV, opposite of PTS? Is this bye-bye to Hazel Mae? As for Fan590 radio, I’ll only listen now to a good guest on PTS (if Shannon/Cox aren’t on the air), Baseball Central, or Blair’s show if there is a baseball item being discussed with a guest (pass on the endless call-in segments).

@Mario – I think the Tim and Sid show is on main Sportsnet, not 360

• comment-avatar

I can’t think that Bob will be too pleased with direct competition (at least on tv) from the same station. Could be the beginning of the end for Bob and the grooming of T&S as PTS successors. I doubt Bob’s anti-Rogers rant last week (as good as that was to hear) is helping him out either.

• comment-avatar

Judging from the fall radio ratings, it is shocking that they had to make any changes at all. They had a large lead over TSN1050. I will continue to be a fan of the Fan.

Antonio 4 years ago

@Anthony
    Thank you – agree 100%.

@Pudge72
    “travesty of a human being”
    Over reaction, much?

• comment-avatar

Blundell on one station in the morning and Richards on the other…………Toronto sports radio fans deserve better than that

When Brady moved from 640 to 590 in 2010 I seem to remember him saying that the 1 PM to 4 PM slot works perfectly for his family situation so maybe he asked for this switch

Pudge72 4 years ago

@Antonio…not really, if you’ve kept track of his numerous homophobic segments/incidents on his previous gig at 102.1.

• comment-avatar

If The Fan wasn’t a must miss before, it sure as hell is now. Not a single likeable show in their daytime lineup now.

Denial 4 years ago

I stopped listening to the F590 when they brought Blundell on. Not because of his asinine remarks that got him canned, but because I saw it as a clear statement from F590 that they weren’t interested in listeners in my condition (I believe the clinical term is “non-fucktard”).

It sounds like they are going all-in at this point. My guess is that this has nothing really to do with radio, and all about trying to grab Millenials so that they become part of the Sportsnet family of drones who end up buying all of their crap from Rogers.

Kind of sad to see F590 — which once ruled — become the radio equivalent of a loss leader.

Sperk 4 years ago

I’ll also chime in to say pitting Tim&Sid vs. PTS against each other on TV is curious. I also think that this is a sign the McCown is closer to be shown the door. Rogers is all in on hockey and Bob is admittedly not a huge hockey person and has repeatedly taken shots at how Rogers needs a team of a million puck heads. Then there’s the criticism of Rogers re: Beeston. Then there’s the constant feedback of him mailing it in and his choice of co-hosts is underwhelming. Then there’s the fact that he can’t be happy that Ken Reid is foisted upon him regularly. Then there’s the fact that he resistant to any sort of new way of thinking about sports (analytics, social media etc.)

I am also curious as to what spawned these changes…are we to read into this that TSN is cutting into their audience? Whether you like TSN’s shows or not you have to give them credit for sticking with Richards and Naylor despite the rating and having that patience possibly pay off.

Darrell 4 years ago

Evidently you get blocked by Dean Blundell if you hate the move. Geeze Louise, you are losing me with ever decision you make FAN 590.

Bobby G 4 years ago

Dan nailed it. Not one single likeable host left. Except, maybe, Wlaker. Blundell’s past is less than admirable. Blair is a lousy radio host and miserable without fail — McCown without the entertainment value. Whatshisname who couldn’t cut it on the morning show, apparently, is a waste of any intelligent person’s time. It will be interesting to see who they pair him with. Obviously it will need to be someone with a personality. Maybe they go back to Music of Your Life in the afternoons.
    But Tim and Sid had to make this move. I supper hour show in TV is not something you turn down and positions them much better against TSN. If this fails, the worst that happens is they go back to radio.

• comment-avatar

I watch, when I can, McCown, 4-7, and Tim and Sid, 1-4. If Tim and Sid move to 5-7, on TV, they are stepping on McCown turf. Are they crazy? This is cannibalism at its finest.

• comment-avatar

Awesome to hear from so many non-regular commenters. Stick around eh? The more voices the better.

Justin 4 years ago

I don’t look at it as Tim & Sid going head to head with PTS. TV and radio are different mediums. If someone’s tuning in to the new Tim & Sid show it’s likely at home, while PTS listeners are most likely to be in their car or at work. Although I haven’t seen the ratings I’d bet TSN’s SportsCentre gets exponentially more viewers than Sportsnet Central. And Off The Record and PTI get way more viewers than whatever Sportsnet has in that time slot. Tim & Sid is their answer to that. It’s a gutty move but it could pay huge dividends.

With that said, breaking up what was a great morning team and bringing in Blundell is a MASSIVE blunder. This has a chance to be Krystal 2.0.

• comment-avatar

Tolerated Tim and Sid on the Score and couldn’t stand them on regular basis on Sportsnet. Their stupid music sounding like a defective horn at the rop of a hat and rarely taking phone calls from listeners. That is the basis of talk radio as it’s not just about the announcers.

Their hours ar being cut and slotted in rysh hour tine on tv vs. McCown is their death knell in sports television. Dean Blunndell in the morning I only have two words; Andrew Krystal and he lasted as long as a six second fire racker that was suppose to last six minutes.

Jeff Sammut and George Rusic need to go. When a fan called in over a week ago and said they were both scripted re taking different sides on sports topics, Jeff and George got upset – poor babies. Boring pedantic former producer and update sports reader, non talented at all.

Bring back Stormin Norman who had personality and sports knowledge and had great guests he spoke to late at night, like Jim Rutherford.

I’ve listed to Richards in the morning over Brady and Walker for quite a while and for the mt part enjoy their banter, and especially special effects voices and songs. IT’s a win-win day for TSN Radio for sure (:

Antonio 4 years ago

@Pudge72
    Believe me I don’t like Blundell in the slightest but making a few politically incorrect comments about gays makes him a “travesty”?

Sperk 4 years ago

As I am sure the new T&S will be forced to have “synergies” with other Rogers’ properties, does this mean that McCown’s choices of guests could be cannibalized? Leading into a Jays broadcast on both radio and TV, does Zuan, Campbell, Howarth, Buck do T&S or PTS? You’d think TV would win out

@Sperk

It would be nice if these shows were able to rely on their own opinions when discussing teams and games without the need to bring in other Rogers talking heads. The only time outside guests should be on is when discussing teams outside Toronto or a league/sport in general.

This will be the sixth different morning show on 590 in less than five years:

– Stellick & Landry

– Jeff Lumby (interim)

– Andrew Krystal

– Brady & Lang

– Brady & Walker

– Blundell & Walker

• comment-avatar

My comment awaiting moderation ? — are u that scared of on line criticism of 590 RADIO hosts that you might try and interview in future. Hope you’re not the mike in Buffalo that calls in to Frost’s post game show trying to sound like erudite know it all with more misses than hits ?

Dr. Winston O'Boogie 4 years ago

I wonder why Andrew Walker gets his name removed from the show title?

From Brady & Walker to Blundell and Co.

• comment-avatar

Tim and Sid’s star is rising, and I use the same analogy on how The Basketball Jones, who started out with their podcasts from I believe Skeets downtown condo, built a huge following, and climbed the ladder and ended up on TBS covering the NBA from Atlanta, clearly reaching the pinnacle.

Tim and Sid, as Sid spoke about today, got their big break via their own podcasts when they were just starting out, and like The Basketball Jones, now The Starters, climbed the ladder and now end up on tv in prime time, and I guarantee you they are being handsomely rewarded for doing so, and it is well deserved.

I agree with Bobby G, on the rationale behind the move, and in this business you are either going up or you are going down, and smartly Tim and Sid are going with the momentum they have built up, taking it to the next level.

Will I miss them in the afternoon on the FAN 590 and on simulcast, Damn straight, but I accept the realities of this business, and will just look into alternatives, as Brady is a non-starter for me, on his own or with someone else.

I want to thank them for their 3 years and change of 1-4 p.m. weekday entertainment, and as a basketball fan, this is a day of mourning for me, and TSN Radio will be the biggest beneficiary overall it appears, but time will tell. At the same time, I can’t hold it against Tim and Sid to make the move, as you and I would have done the same, be honest.

• comment-avatar

I gave up on live Toronto sports radio 3 years ago, and this lame-ass Blundell experiment isn’t going to do anything to move mine, or anyone’s ears back to live radio. I give this 4 months, same as Krystal lasted…

Kollins sure must be getting desperate…

Jonathan Giggs 4 years ago

The last show with “& Co.” didn’t do so well.

Jamally 4 years ago

Don’t care about the morning show as I stopped listening a while ago as Brady and Walker aren’t good and I listen to podcasts in the morning.

I’m at work when Tim and Sid are on, but I always listened to the podcasts in the evening as they are THAT good. Unlike Bob who talks about the Jays all year long, Tim and Sid talk Leafs, Raptors, Jays (when they need to be discussed) and the NFL…and other fun topics. They will be missed on radio and 1-4pm is back to having puckheads all day long.

Tim and Sid are the best thing on radio for people who watch sports – not just hockey. They are entertaining and know their stuff. You can really tell the age of people in here who want Norm Rumack back. Really? Wow.

I’ll be watching Tim and Sid on TV…and when ESPN or Fox or another big US station comes calling, I will miss them, but I know they will go to a country where they discuss the NBA, NFL and Baseball…and NO hockey, which Tim and Sid rank last off the 4 sports as it should be.

Dave in Bolton 4 years ago

Walker should jump to TSN rather the deal with idiot Blundel. No way this Blundel and Walker random works. Walker would be ideal to have his own show maybe in the 1pm timeslot.

• comment-avatar

This was just posted by J.E. Skeets on Twitter, and shows the direction where Tim and Sid are trending towards:

J.E. Skeets ‏@jeskeets 3m3 minutes ago
    Over the weekend, #TheStarters podcast surpassed 10 million total downloads. Much love to each and every one of you.

• comment-avatar

I admittedly have never listened to Blundell, as the Edge wasn’t a station I would listen to on my morning commute. With that said, the guy dominated in his time slot for years, and more importantly, was #1 in the key demographic the Fan so desperately wants, men aged 18 – 34. Will he be able to do that in sports radio? who knows, but it’s probably worth a try considering the guy is a ‘free agent’. I know most here, and plenty on twitter don’t like the move, but that sampling doesn’t reflect what listeners in the GTA may, or may not think of the move to hire Blundell.

“OMG!! THE MAN SAID HORRIBLE THINGS!! HE SHOULD NEVER HAVE A JOB AGAIN!!”

Really? You kno what’s worse than what he said? A spineless corporation like Corus, who ENCOURAGED him daily to push the envelope, and go to the ‘line’ and move it further and further, so they could make oodles of money. Then, when their ‘shock jock’ finally crosses the line, because they’ve been encouraging it, suddenly pretends it’s offended too, and fires the person for doing what the company wanted them to do.

I don’t know if the show will be for me, but I’ll give it a try, as the Fan is my go-to station in the morning. If it’s not, I’ll just change the channel.

The Brady move to midday’s confounds me, as morning drive is such a coveted spot to be in. If he wanted the move for family reasons, or was promised TV and some prominence on PTS, perhaps even told he would succeed Bob when he’s gone, then I get it. If it wasn’t one of those, it’s clearly a demotion, in my opinion.

T&S move. I have them on in my office daily between 1-4, so I’ll miss listening to them daily. But much deserved kudos to both for the obvious advancement of their careers. It’s a clear move to eat into some of TSN’s TV numbers during those hours, and I would guess grab younger viewers, which they should. I just hope there is a podcast of the show available for those of us who are unable to watch during those hours.

ThatPatty 4 years ago

Why do they keep changing the morning show? I liked Landry and Stellick. I liked Brady and Lang. I liked Brady and Walker even more. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

Especially with Dean Blundell. How many poo-poo and pee-pee jokes does the FAN think the average sports fan needs in the morning?

And I may be in the minority, but I’m not going to miss Tim and Sid on the radio. Take a stopwatch out and time exactly how much of each segment is dedicated to actual sports talk instead of (a) something non-sports related (shtick or horns or #hashtag) or (b) something going on in-studio. It’s minimal. When they actually talk sports, they’re great. Maybe their format will play better on TV? I dunno. I did like them back on The Score.

Actually, (b) is a sin that many of the FAN’s on-air personalities are guilty of (including BobCat). As is their HNIC crew. I DON’T CARE WHAT IS GOING ON IN THE LUNCHROOM OR DOUG MCLEAN’S COTTAGE… TALK ABOUT THE FRIGGIN’ GAME!!

If it wasn’t for Rogers’ ownership of the Jays, I would be a devout TSN listener/watcher/reader.

• comment-avatar

@Jack Sorry, but listener phone calls make for terrible radio. A segment here and there is fine, but no more than that. Blair is pretty bad, but the calls make it a lot worse.

As for the changes, good for Tim & Sid, if it is indeed a promotion. They had the best guests from ALL sports, which is good for the listener, but maybe not for the Rogers agenda.

Although they work well together, I have a feeling that Rogers wants Sid to be their breakout star. Would be curious to see if Tim could shift to play by play down the line.

Unfortunately, for PTS, its Bob and FOB until he decides he doesn’t want to do it anymore. Personally, I’m hoping that Friedman takes over when the time comes.

Markamite 4 years ago

I for one will miss T&S on radio, and since i don’t subscribe to cable i guess this is goodbye

Nan Young Lee 4 years ago

Was this Don Kollins’ idea or did Scott Moore want Tim and Sid for TV and Kollins was left to rearrange the 590 lineup as best he could. Kollins hasn’t tweeted about the changes nor was he quoted in the Sportsnet news release about the changes.

I remember Greg Brady’s old afternoon show. It was the most intelligent show on 590 at the time and will be again. Hopefully he doesn’t get a cohost. Unlike the entertaing (but shallow) Tim and Sid, Brady actually knows what he’s talking about, though there will be little on his show for cretins entralled with talk about eyebrows, hair gel, horns, etc…

Dean Blundell and Co.? Walker doesn’t even get his name on the show? Pathetic. I’ve never heard much of Blundell, so I’m not sure how much he knows about sports. Maybe he’ll be like Imus was at WFAN. I remember Brady mentioning that sometimes big news stories such as the Jian Ghomeshi scandal or the mayoral election cause the ratings of all sports stations to decrease. I don’t know if that’s what happened with the fall 590 numbers. I think I heard on one of the TorontoMike podcasts that 1010’s ratings were way up in the fall. Maybe Kollins thinks that Blundell will be better at talking about those kind of stories. Or maybe Blundell was brought in to attract the younger listeners. Mike Richards apparently has been better with the 18-24 crowd and if they stay with him as they age his 24 to 54 (or whatever that all important range is) numbers will move up.

If Walker doesn’t have chemistry with Blundell maybe he can do the 9-12 show with Blair becoming Bob’s permanent co-host when Brunt is not there.
    I only know Blundell from the news stories of his firing which of course poisons one against him. Maybe I’ll change my mind and end up liking him. I do like Bill Belichick more after watching this on the weekend:

• comment-avatar

@Nan – I like the Blair show, but yeah – Blair as a cohost when Brunt’s not there would be great.

I agree with you on Brady’s show. From what I remember it was strong.

david wilson 4 years ago

I do not like this line-up change and here is why.

Greg Brady is a sharp guy but he likes the sound of his own voice too much. He was intolerable when he shared the AM slot with Jim Lange, because Lange stayed quiet as Brady prattled on, and on, and on. When Andrew Walker arrived he was able to keep Brady’s chat to a tolearable level. Separating Brady and Walker is a big mistake.

Tim and Sid are fun guys and Micaleff is a solid radio talent. Not sure Sid has the mental sharpness to make the big time. There has to be some substance and I don’t know if Sid is capable.

Blundell? No idea. But if this is Andrew Krystal part 2 then count me out.

• comment-avatar

Brady and Walker suck! Brady whines like a 7yr old girl….get rid of them!

Tim and Sid plus Bobcat are the only thing going on!

Adrian Hall 4 years ago

Blundell on the radio again…I’m out, there is no way I can listen to this guy for more than 2 mins without some reference to porn or ‘stupid human something or other’ tricks. The worst, absolutely the worst thing in recent radio history has just reared it’s ugly face and attitude again. Goodbye Fan 590!

bigbill 4 years ago

Why is it all we get to read about are teams from TORONTO? You are not the center of the earth. Why don’t you write about teams from western Canada? The Jays are fine being the only ball team in Canada. The Maple Leafs suck. I don’t want to read about them every time I go on Sportspage. Thanks for listening. Bill

• comment-avatar

In the most DIVERSE city thats Toronto . could this line up be anymore WHITE.